I'm so ready for 2016 to be over....

N9405V

Sorry to hear about the crunch. I only have a single nose wheel line to the hangar, but I use metal plates for all three wheels to define their position. As I bring the airplane into the hangar, I make sure the mains are in line with the positioning plates. The different colors for the floor tiles help to keep the main wheels where they belong. Seeing your photos, I think I will add main wheel lines that lead to the hangar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the crunch. I only have a single nose wheel line to the hangar, but I use metal plates for all three wheels to define their position. As I bring the airplane into the hangar, I make sure the mains are in line with the positioning plates. The different colors for the floor tiles help to keep the main wheels where they belong. Seeing your photos, I think I will add main wheel lines that lead to the hangar.

You're scaring me Bennett! First we are aligned on the usage of Depends and then I find out I park my Mooney the same way you do. I have 3 big yellow metal plates that I line up on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

Sorry that happened...I use a pillar on back wall. If tail is on it I am good along with nose wheel on yellow line.  Here is to a speedy repair and back in the air for 2017.  Hang tough.

Same here.  If the nose wheel is on the line and the rudder is aligned with the pillar on the back wall I know the wings and tail are okay too.

Hoe you get flying again soon.

• Like 2

I use long-ways pieces of heavy duty duct tape for the nose and mains at the hangar threshold, and when I'm pushing I'll look down at the tape and up to center the tail on the middle of the overhead fluorescent light as it goes across the threshold. Then I have cross ways pieces of heavy duty duct tape on the floor where I stop. Has worked pretty well so far. Real sorry to hear about the crunch.

Wow I'm buying some Neon Green duck tape now from Amazon ($2.54 a roll!). Duck Brand 1265018 Color Duct Tape, Neon Lime Green, 1.88 Inches x 15 Yards, Single Roll https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TOL45K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KQjBybKY98EY6

On 12/31/2016 at 7:31 PM, Andy95W said:

Same here.  If the nose wheel is on the line and the rudder is aligned with the pillar on the back wall I know the wings and tail are okay too.

Hoe you get flying again soon.

Yup. Vertical yellow line on back wall. Nose on line; tail on line. 

My old hangar was so small that I nailed down two pieces of 2x4 to the hangar floor where each of the mains should stop to prevent any part of the plane making contact with the hangar. My new hangar is large enough that I just eyeball it as there is plenty of room

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Marcopolo said:

Sorry gents, but I do not believe that to be timber construction, Those are steel beams painted almost the color of wood if I'm not mistaken.

Ron

Ron is correct, metal beams that just look like wood in the picture. In reality I think they are just old...

1 hour ago, mike28w said:

Either way, it looks good but is definitely way too clean !!   Needs more junk !  Where's the chairs and frig ??:D 

That is after just moving in. Table and chairs have found their way into the back corner since that picture was taken. Posters, flag, and other stuff waiting to go on the walls. I have some nice shelving material from work that I'll be bringing out sometime in the next month that will probably just go along the back wall, plenty of room back there. I was glad to get one of the "larger" T-hangars that they have there.

My experiment with hangar carpeting was not a success. I had it laid in sheet form (but with contrasting color stripes for the main landing gear). Looked great for awhile, but rain coming under the hangar doors soon discolored the front 18" or so. The worst was that oil soaked into the carpeting, and the spots were difficult remove - same for polish and cleaner. One of our MS brethren who has a hangar near my former hangar, wisely chose to use carpet squares so that he could replace damaged units as necessary. That was a far better solution than my sheet carpet. I do have to say that carpet is more comfortable for hands, knees, and back than my current plastic tiles.

1 hour ago, Bennett said:

My experiment with hangar carpeting was not a success. I had it laid in sheet form (but with contrasting color stripes for the main landing gear). Looked great for awhile, but rain coming under the hangar doors soon discolored the front 18" or so. The worst was that oil soaked into the carpeting, and the spots were difficult remove - same for polish and cleaner. One of our MS brethren who has a hangar near my former hangar, wisely chose to use carpet squares so that he could replace damaged units as necessary. That was a far better solution than my sheet carpet. I do have to say that carpet is more comfortable for hands, knees, and back than my current plastic tiles.

Agree Bennett.  I use a couple of 3' x 6' remnants.  They are far enough back to stay dry.  Likely have some dirty spots from dogs and stray dripping, but are under mains more than under belly.