*CANCELLED* January 2017 Mooney Breakfast Flight - KCGE - MONDAY, Jan 2, 9:30 AM Arrival

Seth

Happy New Year!

*CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER*

The January 2017 Mooney Breakfast Flight will take place this Monday, January 2nd, back at Cambridge-Dorchester Regional Airport – KCGE.  We’ll arrive at 9:30 and eat at Kay's at the airport.  We have confirmed - they will be open.  We had a good turnout here in 2016.  Also, this is an abnormal day as its Monday.  Much of the DC region is closed on January 2nd, and thus we decided to push the breakfast to Monday as the pilots RSVPed below available.   

We'll watch the weather for Monday.  Fuel is $4.60 per gallon full service.

The Monthly Mooney Breakfast Flights began with the Mooney Pilots at KGAI and has expanded to the entire Mid-Atlantic Region.  Each month a location in the Mid-Atlantic region will be chosen and a date will be set for the breakfast.  Breakfasts will typically be a 9:00 AM arrival (9:30 this time).  I'll work to procure fuel discounts when possible.  Posts to MooneySpace and the NJ Mooney Pilots Group will be made as soon as possible.

Please do RSVP so I have an accurate count for Kay's at the airport!. 

See you Monday!

-Seth

RSVP (last updated 12/31/2016 @ 2:08 PM) :

Tim's M20E (with Seth on Board)

Alex's M20K (with Fernando on board) - Arriving later

• Like 1

Tomorrow's breakfast flight is cancelled.

Low IFR just does not make sense for a recreational breakfast flight.  Ceilings will drop to 500 feet and a 1/2 mile vis at 10AM.  It'll be only a tad better before then.

Happy new year and we'll schedule another one soon.

-Seth

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Kcge - isn't that really close to that Russian "spys' tennis and sailing resort?"

It is!  So is easton.  We should do some 1000 foot flyovers.  However, then we may get photos taken.  Then again, most of our addresses can be looked up by the aircraft registration!

-Seth

• Like 1

Just now, Seth said:

It is!  So is easton.  We should do some 1000 foot flyovers.  However, then we may get photos taken.  Then again, most of our addresses can be looked up by the aircraft registration!

-Seth

Cool!  Moonespace should make an offer on that now empty and lovely property....  maybe we could make a strip on that 45 acres?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, whiskytango said:

Marylanders have a high Old Bay seasoning percentage in their bloodstreams at all times.

I bleed Old Bay spice if you cut me.

That smell inside a crab shack - of steam and crabs and Old Bay on benches covered in newspapers - instantly makes me think of my Grandfather who used to bring me to a spot by the bay.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

That smell inside a crab shack - of steam and crabs and Old Bay on benches covered in newspapers - instantly makes me think of my Grandfather who used to bring me to a spot by the bay.

Well, the next time you plan on being down this way, drop us a message ahead of your trip. We'll make sure we spice you up. There is a nice crab shack near my airport that has plenty of newspapers.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Well, the next time you plan on being down this way, drop us a message ahead of your trip. We'll make sure we spice you up. There is a nice crab shack near my airport that has plenty of newspapers.

...sounds good!  Actually I am due to give a lecture at U Delaware in late April....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I had a "20 Group" Meeting in Baltimore maybe 10-15 years ago (20 truck dealers share best dealership practices for quality and profit margins 3 times a year).  The moderator insisted on crabs on a pier for dinner one night. One of the DP's ( dealer principals) ordered a steak about an hour into that venture as he was going to starve if he didn't order some real food.  

I rarely leave a crab dinner "stuffed ".  I usually cry uncle on shucking shells before I am full.

Tom

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I had a "20 Group" Meeting in Baltimore maybe 10-15 years ago (20 truck dealers share best dealership practices for quality and profit margins 3 times a year).  The moderator insisted on crabs on a pier for dinner one night. One of the DP's ( dealer principals) ordered a steak about an hour into that venture as he was going to starve if he didn't order some real food.  

I rarely leave a crab dinner "stuffed ".  I usually cry uncle on shucking shells before I am full.

Tom

You aren't a native.  I can eat 4 crabs and get everything out of them with - with panache - faster than some ol' Yooper from Michigan.

When I was 6 years old, with my grandfather and my dad of course, there was a film crew from CBC Canadian TV doing a documentary on the bay and the lifestyle on the Chesapeake, and I was the cute kid then digging in, and so they spent a lot of time filming me and interviewed me.

I have no problem leaving the table stuffed after a crab meal.

BTW if you got the doe, as them if they have some "Jimmies", and if they do, order those.  Those are the extra big guys, bigger than xl.

5 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

You aren't a native.  I can eat 4 crabs and get everything out of them with - with panache - faster than some ol' Yooper from Michigan.

When I was 6 years old, with my grandfather and my dad of course, there was a film crew from CBC Canadian TV doing a documentary on the bay and the lifestyle on the Chesapeake, and I was the cute kid then digging in, and so they spent a lot of time filming me and interviewed me.

I have no problem leaving the table stuffed after a crab meal.

BTW if you got the doe, as them if they have some "Jimmies", and if they do, order those.  Those are the extra big guys, bigger than xl.

If I ever win the lottery... I'm moving back to Annapolis... but on the other side of the wall this time.  Old bay... more addictive than crack-cocaine!

Edited by M016576
  • Like 1

Just now, M016576 said:

If I ever win the lottery... I'm moving back to Annapolis... but on the other side of the wall this time.  Old bay... more addictive than crack-cocaine!

Please invite me over.  I can give you another calculus quiz over at Mike's crab shack at the Riva Rd bridge. 

15 minutes ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I grew up mostly along the Carolina coasts, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Never had a problem eating my fill of crab or peeling boiled shrimp as fast as I can eat them. And I can eat a lot of crab and shrimp . . . Visiting the beach now in the summer, I still haven't lost the skill.

You're making me hungry!

Just now, Hank said:

I grew up mostly along the Carolina coasts, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Never had a problem eating my fill of crab or peeling boiled shrimp as fast as I can eat them. And I can eat a lot of crab and shrimp . . . Visiting the beach now in the summer, I still haven't lost the skill.

You're making me hungry!

I'm getting hungry too.

Dang there isn't a crab to be found anywhere near here.

At some point - a crab-fly-in will be a must.

My son's are home from college - and if there is a perfect blue-bird winter day, I will likely make a lobster run with them to Portland, ME. Lobsters are crustaceans for beginners because yeah - anyone can dig the meat out of a lobster tail.  And where's the Old Bay?  All you get is butter.  What's that all about?

3 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I'm getting hungry too.

Dang there isn't a crab to be found anywhere near here.

At some point - a crab-fly-in will be a must.

My son's are home from college - and if there is a perfect blue-bird winter day, I will likely make a lobster run with them to Portland, ME. Lobsters are crustaceans for beginners because yeah - anyone can dig the meat out of a lobster tail.  And where's the Old Bay?  All you get is butter.  What's that all about?

Crab flyin sounds good, but Maine is way, way too far from Alabama!!

Lobsters come with butter because that's all they need. Try some with clarified butter sometime , . .