amillet

Fatality

103 posts in this topic

I'm curious to how these guys keep slamming these into the ground when many of these planes have the latest bleeding edge gadgetry in the cockpits (huge EFIS displays, autopilot, iPads, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

2 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

I'm curious to how these guys keep slamming these into the ground when many of these planes have the latest bleeding edge gadgetry in the cockpits (huge EFIS displays, autopilot, iPads, etc).

+1 Its been a number years now, but the best example or maybe just first really big example of this for me was two CAP pilots that flew something like G1000 C182 into a mountain leaving Las Vegas VMC at night at 8 or 9K. I couldn't understand that either. But It was apparently pretty easy since they didn't know how to use the avionics and didn't really need too flying VFR.

We've also heard mixed things about how this plane was equipped from well equipped to also having instruments inop per previous post. 

I just read the NTSB report about V35 in Texas in 2014; G600 panel KAP200 autopilot and 6 failed instrument approaches before the 5000 hr pilot spun it in. In that case SD or aeromedical factors may have played a role. But with all the fancy gadgets- useless unless you know how to use them.