Plane sold - Post removed

GeorgePerry

George has a history...

Taking on really good airplanes and then improving them.

Started with a spectacular F.

A tremendous leadership opportunity abroad caused the F to go on the block...

now it's a tremendously modern Eagle with incredibly low hours.  All the HP available and the best UL ever.

What opportunity has arisen that could cause this?

Even a top job with the new administration isn't that far away to have to sell The Eagle... Is It?

This is all a PP's speculation.  But, George's planes have really been top notch.

What's up, G?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Now that is a plane you could add LR tanks with two on board and cruise for 9 hours on your LOP mode and actually make some serious distance - 10 hours to dry on LR tanks, or 9 hours at 175...WOW.. I bet on a good winter day with a super tail wind, you could fly KSFO to KFDK nonstop in 9hrs - all about choosing the right day for the right winds.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tx_Aggie said:

As a relatively new Ovation flyer, I don't understand how you're able to get an extra ~130 lbs useful load. Surely the vacuum system doesn't weigh that much? Is it the removal of a few older instruments plus a paper STC?

Its an Eagle isn't it?  Eagle's were lighter in the first place as they had less goodies in them in the first place.

I have the 310 hp STC with a UL of 1118 lb.  I still have the vacuum system with a backup pump but have less sound-proofing and no rudder trim.  The 310 hp STC added 168 lb to my UL which was 3200 lb originally.   The plane has an amazing T.O. performance at sea level and up to 8500 DA.  it is perhaps one of a few production non-turbo single engines that at G.W. can have a good climb rate performance (800 fpm+) taking off from KTRK (field elevation 5950 msl) in the summer with DA of about 8500 feet.

Driver

The STC for the engine HP upgrade and prop change includes an increase of MGW to 3368 (factory Ovation weight) up from the standard 3200 lbs. for the factory Eagle. (168 pounds)

The Eagle and the Ovation are in essence the exact same airframe. Changes in interior (cloth vs leather) avionics (S-tec vs King AP, no YAW dampener, ) and some equipment as optional vs. standard on the Ovation. (speed brakes, O2) also the fuel tanks were limited to 75 gallons by installation of a tube in the fuel filler (tanks are still capable of full fuel amounts)

Finally, the engine was derated to 2400 rpm max. and a special two blade prop made it the fasted certified retract in production at the time (1999). There were only 65 produced. Both rare and unique, A collectors item?

George, you are way too low on the price for this magnificent airplane.

• Like 2