Thoughts on this J

charheep

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2016 at 10:52 AM, SethKeefer said:

Don't give up charheep!

I was seriously looking for about 8 months until finally I found a nearly perfect plane for me right here on MS.  90% of the Mooneys I looked at online were sitting on the market for months on end.  The few of those that I thought warranted a closer look soon showed why they were still on the market.   From my experience, I found the best planes either by word of mouth or on MS.  Like Drumstick pointed out, the best planes in terms of price vs risk will sell quickly, so have your finances and logistics ready or you will lose it to someone else.  Patience and persistence are key and will save you money and time.  When you find the right one be ready to pull the trigger. I could have ended up with a basket case that took 2 years and 50k to make right, but I was committed to looking for a year or longer if need be, and we now have a great plane with no squawks on her first annual.  Of the 3 planes I was ready to plunk down money for, one was already getting a PPI from a buyer and subsequently sold, one we couldn't reach a mutually agreeable price, and the one we ended up buying was already under contract from a buyer, but fortunately for us the buyer's financing fell through.  I had already been in contact with the seller, so we jumped in and bought it.

Wow!   I just discovered this thread and I must comment.

Your comments make me quite proud.  "Nearly perfect plane" and "no squawks" on first annual.......another wow!

I'm so thrilled you two are enjoying MJ.  I know you are as proud to own it as I was.

Fly.....................fly on MJ.............you, and all you represented will live on deeply within my heart.  Please continue to enjoy Seth and Garth. 

Ovation photos, Sale 050.JPG

• Like 2