So what did you get for Christmas / Chanukah?

Bennett

I got this:

mooney.jpg

1979 M20K, with a -LB, Airflow intercooler, Merlyn, Aspen, TKS and several other toys (I'm pretty giddy!). It will be based at KEDC.

Should suit my usual mission of Angel Flights and statewide search of the best BBQ in Texas.

I'm new to the board, but I've been flying about 5 years and 400 hours. IR to get the most from this bird, and planning to knock out my commercial in the next few months.

David

Edited by djm181
A little more about me and the plane
  • Like 11

I got this:
mooney.jpg
1979 M20K, with a -LB, Airflow intercooler, Merlyn, Aspen, TKS and several other toys (I'm pretty giddy!). It will be based at KEDC.
Should suit my usual mission of Angel Flights and statewide search of the best BBQ in Texas.
I'm new to the board, but I've been flying about 5 years and 400 hours. IR to get the most from this bird, and planning to knock out my commercial in the next few months.
David

He wins!! Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, djm181 said:

I got this:

mooney.jpg

David

Welcome, David! You must have been very good this year! And it's even a Christmasy color . . .

Cool silver eagle profile, too! But then again, I'm partial to eagles.  ;)

• Like 3

I got an Autogyro Calidus gyroplane! It's an enclosed tandem two seater. It'll fit in the hangar right next to the Mooney! DMJ 181, that's a sweet looking plane! Put Cooper's at Llano (KAQO), Louis Mueller's at Taylor (T74), and the three at Lockhart on your BBQ list. I'm at 5C1 outside of San Antonio if you want to meet for BBQ. Ray

I'm flying Southwest to BWI tomorrow and will fly the gyro home starting Wednesday or Thursday based on the weather. Should be fun!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate with you. It was beautiful yesterday and today absolutely horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:51 PM, Wakeup said:

I got a 1965 Cherokee Six-260.  I picked it up yesterday after getting my high performance endorsement.  Flys great except trying learn how to work all the new gadgets.  

IMG_5202.PNG

IMG_5200.PNG

IMG_5207.PNG

Wow..a two airplane family..we assume you are keeping the Mooney as well or did I miss something?  Always nice to have a family hauler. Great combo, speedy Mooney and family truckster.

-Tom

• Like 1

gyro is VFR only. We got a late morning start because of low ceilings, then ran into weather as we approached the mountains west of Lynchburg Virginia. We didn't want to have ourselves and the gyro stuck for perhaps several days, so we returned to W29. When the weather calms down, my instructor will fly it out. Ray

• Like 1

The gyro is a blast to fly and the STOL capability is amazing. Just a word of caution, the insurance cost is 4-6 times the cost of a SEL aircraft per $1K of valuation. This is because the gyro is considered a rotorcraft and is insured like a helicopter. The good news is that south central Texas is becoming a hot bed of modern gyro flying with several instructors near Austin (Taylor) and San Antonio (Hondo). This could get $100 hamburger flying back down to $100. My gyro has a 450-500 mile range and burns unleaded auto gas in the Rotax engine at 4-6 gal/hr.

• Like 1