FS: Garmin GNS530W - 14/28V - P/N 011-01046-00

cnoe

Note: This is not a bargain, or cheap. I am looking to upgrade to an Avidyne IFD540 but will keep this GNS530W if I don't get the price I need. Sorry.

Details:

GNS530W - 14/28V - P/N 011-01046-00 (not a non-WAAS upgrade unit) purchased new and installed in 2008.

The unit displayed a Glideslope Failure message last week so we pulled it out and sent it to Garmin for an $1,100 factory overhaul. When the unit is returned to me in January it will have been thoroughly serviced with a full 6 month factory warranty and Garmin 8130 form.

The sale will also include a NEW mounting tray, NEW installation kit, and NEW WAAS GPS antenna as these will be provided to me by Avidyne when purchasing their unit (these IFD540 and GNS530W components are interchangeable). There is no need for me to remove the old tray etc. from my plane for exchange.

This is not an Ebay auction, nor a fire sale. Used avionics sites like Bennett Avionics is charging $10,495 for this unit (used/no factory overhaul) with only a 90 day (Bennett) warranty. Sarasota and Gulf Coast are quoting used units at $9,350/$9,495 (again not Garmin overhauled w/factory warranty). Sarasota just told me on the phone they don't even HAVE any units to sell. So... what I'm looking for is $9,725. If you already have and don't need a WAAS GPS antenna you can knock $275 off that price.

That's a lot of money, and there may not be any interest but it's a pathway for installing a like-new Garmin WAAS unit for ~$4,000 less than a new Avidyne.

I need to know if you're interested before the end of December 'cause if there are no offers before then I will be reinstalling my fresh Garmin unit when it is returned in early January.

Sorry for the price but you get what you pay for.

I have just a little more info to add about this offer: 

The sale also includes the datacards (of course) but note that the navdata card was recently replaced with the newest high-capacity version (orange label). I have a paid Jeppesen navdata subscription for this unit covering the entire US through April 2017 as well as the newest programmer unit that will be included as well. I'll even throw in the Garmin programmer used to update terrain and obstacle databases. The unit also comes with all the original Garmin manuals CDs etc. That's it.

Edited by cnoe
Additional information.
  • Like 1

I like your honesty! I don't blame you looking toward the Avidyne. It appears to be the best unit out there. The trouble is the people that can spend 10k for a radio can probably afford the 15k for the Avidyne but 5k savings is 5 k. You will probably find a buyer and it sounds like he will get a good unit.

• 2 weeks later...