WOT?

Rookie

1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Me too, except when cruising at such low altitude that it won't run smoothly that far LOP, in which case I retard the throttle slightly for smooth operation.  My GAMI spread is good but not perfect.

Jim

How else to fly a NA Mooney?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 1964-M20E said:

WOT except for decent and sight seeing but when I'm going somewhere I rarely fly below 5,000' usually between 8,000 and 11,000

You reduce throttle to descend? I walk the throttle back and mixture forward as I come down to maintain my cruise MP and EGT, until I'm ready to slow down and enter the pattern.

Edited by Hank

Initially when I begin to descend I nose over to establish 500fpm and then trim control pressures away.  I then check MP at 24" and adjust mixture to maintain proper temps and about 2 to 3 miles from my destination I begin to slow down to set up for landing.  If I have to descend faster for whatever reason I reduce MP accordingly.

Wot for me too but remember if your more than 50lop, it is more efficient to reduce the throttle than it is to lean. If we could advance the timing then we could run 50lop efficiently.

Actually I've found best efficiency is about 20lop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aaronk25 said:

Wot for me too but remember if your more than 50lop, it is more efficient to reduce the throttle than it is to lean. If we could advance the timing then we could run 50lop efficiently.

Actually I've found best efficiency is about 20lop.

Before annual (had mags serviced), 50° LOP, after annual 20° LOP, my engine plate says 20°, I'm pretty sure is was 25°. Technically I'm suppose to lose some performance, but if I have it's only a couple of knots.