My name is cnoe and I'm a Moonaholic.

cnoe

The weather here sucks today. Was trying to meet up with others for some formation practice. Instead I settled for starting an oil change which meant making a short flight to warm up the oil/engine prior to draining.

Ceiling 1,700 agl. Winds 30 degrees cross at 22/gusting 30, perfect conditions for honing one's skills. Gotta love touching down at 35 mph groundspeed!

I just couldn't stand the thought of my baby sitting there for 12 days over the holiday with dirty (38 hour) oil in the engine. Gotta keep the rust monster at bay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am recently afflicted. It was a beautiful day for flying here this morning. Crystal clear skies, just a touch wind, about 10C, and only a little bumpy. My first time flying a Mooney, and my first time flying my Mooney. It's only been about 4 hours and I can't wait to go again...

• Like 8

I am recently afflicted. It was a beautiful day for flying here this morning. Crystal clear skies, just a touch wind, about 10C, and only a little bumpy. My first time flying a Mooney, and my first time flying my Mooney. It's only been about 4 hours and I can't wait to go again...

We are all very happy and excited for you. Your training posts were well received. Blue skies and tailwinds for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

You guys don't know pain! Let me share my misery with you. 88Victoria spent five weeks in the avionics shop, 5 days of fiberglass repair to my ARI cowling, then a short flight only to find my gear wouldn't retract. Been in the shop since Monday waiting on a relay. Almost 8 weeks without a real fix! 

I'm wondering how Hyett is faring without his beloved G-OBAL?

• Like 1

My name is Hank, and I was afflicted 9-1/2 years ago . . . Any day with me in the left seat of my Mooney is a good one. Even yesterday, when I had to work 0400-1430 before going to the airport for 45 minutes of joy on the way home. When I can't fly, and even when I can, I visit MooneySpace frequently. Does this make my a MooneySpaceaholic too???

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

I've been stuck on the ground for more than 3 weeks now. The holidays are the WORST time for parts to break on your plane.

Been there,done that, had no fun . . . At least LASAR got the nose wheel piece to me quickly,and refunded the core charge on my old one amazingly fast. Great folks, just ask for Dan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chupacabra said:

You guys don't know pain! Let me share my misery with you. 88Victoria spent five weeks in the avionics shop, 5 days of fiberglass repair to my ARI cowling, then a short flight only to find my gear wouldn't retract. Been in the shop since Monday waiting on a relay. Almost 8 weeks without a real fix! 

I'm wondering how Hyett is faring without his beloved G-OBAL?

Interesting conversion, an F to a fixed gear D model.

Clarence

My name is Nobody and I too am a Moonaholic.  I received my annual notification of annual (January) and I smiled as I have a reason to fly.  Negative 3 on thermometer...but it's sunny.  Always sunny and warm when pondering all things Mooney.

• Like 2

I hav I am a moonaholic and no cure is in sight. I worked on it so much the first year I changed the weight and balance seven times.  I have put the third dorsal fin on the airplane. I changed all 12 antennas and eliminated a few. I spent 100+ Hours doing bodywork on the wings before sending it to the paint shop. Then I went to the paint shop and laid out the 33 stripes and even sprayed the checkerboard watermark on the wait and wings. . After the new engine, new paint, new interior, and new radios I will probably stop working on it to fly more. I did do a 6:02 flight leg from Orlando to Houston nonstop, when I landed, it took 39 gallons to fill it. We've been to Arizona, Oshkosh, Canada, Key West and the Bahamas. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, cnoe said:

The weather here sucks today. Was trying to meet up with others for some formation practice. Instead I settled for starting an oil change which meant making a short flight to warm up the oil/engine prior to draining.

Ceiling 1,700 agl. Winds 30 degrees cross at 22/gusting 30, perfect conditions for honing one's skills. Gotta love touching down at 35 mph groundspeed!

I am counting my lucky stars. I was scheduled to fly from my base in Florida to Houston on Thursday and then on to New Orleans for a few days on the way home, which would have been today (where winds have been gusting to 30 knots in MVFR conditions at best). The trip was also going to double as a break-in flight for the overhauled engine which was installed last week. In the end I didn't feel comfortable with a few elements of the trip and on Thursday I scrubbed it. Based on what the weather has been over there since Thursday, I am breathing a big sigh of relief that I didn't attempt it and am enjoying the record high 85 degree weekend down here.

Remember the old pilot adage, it's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

• Like 2

Announcing a left DW entry for 10 at home a Grumman has just taken 28 to depart right crosswind I call to confirm the conflict I advise I can make a right 270 and enter the right base for 28 and ask if it's my hangar partner, it is. He parks behind me and asks if I wouldn't mind waiting to pull in till he gets back 20 minutes or so. I pull up to fuel to kill the time and since I topped off before leaving home was able to check aggregate fuel for the round trip. 107 KM each way with a 4 and 6.5 thousand foot climb my cruise was 147TAS took 15.1 gallons total. I'm a Moonaholic and I'm not looking for a cure