My name is cnoe and I'm a Moonaholic.

cnoe

My name is Amelia, and.... Well ...you know how it is. Looking at repair estimates.  Trying to convince myself that I'm too old for this foolishness. People smarter than I am are telling me my poor broken airplane will never be worth more than it is right now, in pieces, that repair is sending good money after bad. Fingers in ears. Singing lalalala. 

• Like 1

Not even close to quitting time. I ran into Gideon Jones at T41 a few days ago taxiing out in front of me in a Legend Cub, and then at a Christmas party later that night. He's still TEACHING people to fly at 92 years of age. https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2016/december/pilot/pilots-gideon-jones

In light of your recent performance getting safely on the ground I'd say you're just reaching your prime!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was too young for this foolishness too... 27 and flying a C152. 30 and flying a ragged, worn, M20C.

One has to grow up sooner or later... 50+ and flying a Mooney.

When something breaks your Mooney... it is tough.

It's a lemon looking to be squeezed.  Sense the lemonade story coming?

what is the next chapter in your flying story?

Does it simplify, M20E makes a great retirement Mooney... Join the panel wars with Bob!

Does it grow, M20M makes a nice step up from your current situation... like a travel trailer, carry all your stuff and drive across the country...

Does it stay the same, yet get refreshed for the long haul...  thinking OH'd engine and a TopProp...

Use caution, a simple flight in an O3 powered Anything can be bad for your retirement fund...

Ideas I have picked up along the way hanging at MS.  Sending positive vibes in your general direction.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

Since the annual in October, my mooney has been running strong, and I was finally able to cross my 100 hour TT in ASEL milestone. I'm still such a noob, so much to learn yet, but the plane doesn't intimidate me now. I think I'm fully corrupted into the mooney religion. I'm planning for some longer trips for next year. :)

I definitely succumbed to external pressure this weekend taking a friends father for a flight after working 19 hours the day before (it was his 70th birthday present and he was in country for only a couple days), but I was extremely deliberate and followed my checklists and didn't make any of the boneheaded mistakes I normally do. We had an awesome $100 hamburger flight, he enjoyed it immensely. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Amelia said:

My name is Amelia, and.... Well ...you know how it is. Looking at repair estimates.  Trying to convince myself that I'm too old for this foolishness. People smarter than I am are telling me my poor broken airplane will never be worth more than it is right now, in pieces, that repair is sending good money after bad. Fingers in ears. Singing lalalala. 

Feeling your pain.:(

• Like 1

My turn to jump in... Hi, my name is Russ and I'm suffering from Mooney-itis... My current bird for the last 10 years is a Tripacer. It's mainly good for the local fly-ins at short grass strips and hauling the five year old grandchildren (getting them hooked early in life). I pulled the cylinders off the engine to send off for overhaul, then promptly had foot surgery; so between the two, I can only read about flying until spring time.
I keep seeing older Mooneys for sale but I keep coming back to at least an F model. I figure the grandkids will only keep growing and I'd need extra legroom eventually. One of the other criterial would be electric gear, my right shoulder has been rebuilt twice and since I'm a farmer i can see me wearing it out again... I was really considering a Super Viking for a while after I did a couple ferry flights for a doctor in one, however it's a heavy bird to push in and out of a hanger by yourself and I'm not getting any younger...
Right now I'm just following along everyone's Mooney stories and dreaming the fast life. I still figure I'd keep the Tripacer, I just don't see dropping in on my friend's 800 foot strip in a fast mover... Thanks for all of your postings and letting me ramble...
Abilene, Kansas area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5