Carolina MSC Promotion for all of 2017

Bob_Belville

I'm happy to recommend these folks to Mooney owners in the Carolinas the Southeast.

AGL Aviation Services, my home field shop, became a Mooney Service Center during 2016. They're based @ Foothills Regional Airport, KMRN, a fine all weather field with a 5500' runway. Lynn and Tamara Mace would really like to have enough Mooney business to keep them busy taking care of our superior planes even as they expand their shop hangar space and add to their staff. 

The 10% discount is off an already reasonable rate reflecting our semi-rural location.  

From their website: !!!PROMOTION!!!

It's the time for everyone to be preparing for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Resolution jars are being dusted off and prepared for it's epic reemergence into our changing 2017! A lot of things happened for us in 2016 like becoming a CubCrafters and Mooney Service Center! We are particularly proud of those two accomplishments. In the Christmas spirit and in the spirit of new beginnings AGL Aviation will be offering a YEAR LONG promotion starting Jan 1 2017 for our Mooney and CubCrafters customers (present and future)! ANY Mooney or CubCrafters customer that comes to us as a referral will receive 10% off their labor costs FOR WORK DURING THE ENTIRE YEAR! Drop the name of the customer who referred you and they will also receive 10% off their labor costs FOR WORK DURING THE ENTIRE YEAR! You have to mention this directly to us in order to take advantage of this promotion. This is too good to pass up! All of our customers hold a special place in our hearts - May your holiday season be merry and bright!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I'd be more than a little pissed if they put my engine cowl panels on my wing like that.  

Clarence

Agree, hope they had a pad under it. (The plane's owner is pretty particular and Lynn has been taking care of N1967F for many years. He repaired leaking tanks and repainted that wing.) 

I lay old carpet face down on the wings when doing annual and put small stuff on the back side. But never cowl parts.  

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I'd be more than a little pissed if they put my engine cowl panels on my wing like that.  

Clarence

Wow, I didn't notice that! Those cowl cheeks are painted-side down . . .surely theres a pad under them! I generally stand my cowl up near the wall and lean the cheeks nearby. I also lean my one piece belly nearby, and use Wash n Wax Degreaser (red) to clean it easily.

When Imoved back to AL, the guy who did my first annual had a large multilevel rack, covered in carpet, to put cowl parts on. My cowl went on one shelf, both cheeks on another. It was a freestanding A-frame unit with four or five shelves on each side. Thought I took a picture, but can't find it . . .

Edited by Hank

I will give you a ride home Chris, I fly into KAVL all the time to visit my brother, its just west of Bob's place. 

And I thought you would have been upset about me not coming to you to do it! I will be calling Lynne over my time off to see about having him do it. I have been debating about going over to Air Mod's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marauder said:

And I thought you would have been upset about me not coming to you to do it! I will be calling Lynne over my time off to see about having him do it. I have been debating about going over to Air Mod's.

Ha, I would be happy to do it, and while I could save you money, it would probably end up taking 2-3 weeks to complete now that I am a working man again! Always happy to help either way! I would still say Airmods is your best bet. You're going to spend a lot more than you're used to the first annual with them, because they are going to find A LOT of things that have been missed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, Marauder said:

So Bob, if I come down for an annual, you giving me a ride home? emoji6.png

What are his annual rates?

We currently have 2 set rates (Our Annual's are charged at a flat rate):

MA-M10: $1000.00

MA-M20: $1528.00

What model do you have and I can be more specific. Also, you can see what all we include in our Annuals on our website www.aglaviation.com

We currently have 2 set rates (Our Annual's are charged at a flat rate):
MA-M10: $1000.00
MA-M20: $1528.00
What model do you have and I can be more specific. Also, you can see what all we include in our Annuals on our website www.aglaviation.com

1975 F model. Thanks for the follow up.

3 hours ago, AGL Aviation said:

I saw this on your website...

Manual Gear M20B-M20G  $ 1,430

Electric Gear M20B-M20J $ 1,560

So, am I to understand that my Manual gear F model gets the $1430 rate?  Is there any tax?

Also, what is your rate for aileron/rudder rigging?

38 minutes ago, Browncbr1 said:

I saw this on your website...

Manual Gear M20B-M20G  $ 1,430

Electric Gear M20B-M20J $ 1,560

So, am I to understand that my Manual gear F model gets the $1430 rate?  Is there any tax?

Also, what is your rate for aileron/rudder rigging?

I've updated that list on our website, it now reflects the more accurate pricing. I apologize if this has caused confusion or inconvenience. That was the list we used when we first opened and unfortunately, updating that fell by the wayside. We charge $1528 flat rate for all M20's (unless they're turbo charged) regardless of whether it is manual or electric. You'll be able to check again for the updated costs. I appreciate you pointing that out so I could fix it. Yes, we have to charge tax on it. Any other maintenance (including rigging) is done at our normal shop rate of $65/hr. If it's not too far out of whack it normally takes less than 4hours.  

Edited by AGL Aviation

We took 1ZX out to KMRN to let Lynn look it over yesterday. Lynn took some time to look the plane over and show us around his shop. We're due for annual at the end of March, and planning to have him do it. Thanks to MooneySpace for letting us know about the 10% discount. 

• Like 3