75 degrees higher on back two cylinders.

Dham

Thanks again for everyone's replies I have talked to mech and he has flown it today for a couple of hours and according to him the cht's never got close to red line and in the past I was having to fly with cowl flaps open. As mentioned three months ago I replaced four cylinders and fuel servo. temps were always high red line on climb out (3&4). After cooking 3&4 three weeks ago. Replaced cylinders 3&4 and fuel flow divider fuel injectors and lines everything looks better than it has sense having cylinder replaced first time. Probably had bad fuel flow divider from the start. I've ordered new baffles that I think will help also. So hopeful this will get her air worthy for a while and I can recover financially . My annual is due in march and I would like to have mooney guy look at it. Oh and going to have mech. Clean up jpi installation. I will post new jpi data when I get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Check to see what thermocouple couple is being used for #3.  If it is a ring terminal sitting under the other TC's mount or a larger ring terminal sitting under the spark plug...

one has a 25°F error, the other a 50°F error... roughly speaking.

know that the ship's CHT gauge is usually kept in the well of the cylinder...

Best regards,

-a-

3 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Check to see what thermocouple couple is being used for #3.  If it is a ring terminal sitting under the other TC's mount or a larger ring terminal sitting under the spark plug...

one has a 25°F error, the other a 50°F error... roughly speaking.

know that the ship's CHT gauge is usually kept in the well of the cylinder...

Best regards,

-a-

Do you know if that's a requirement? If you switched the factory gauge would read low, but who looks at it when you got a engine monitor?

The factory gauge has a redline that is reported in the limitations section.  So the location and need to be there is pretty clear.

How a PP handles it in the privacy of his hangar elf would be hard to tell.

PP perspective, not a mechanic at all...

Best regards,

-a-

I have new seals from gee bee. just got plane back hope I can tackle that install soon.That may help even temps. Also have new challenger air filter to install wanted a Donaldson but they where out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk