Mooney Space Homerun

EagleDriver

A week or so into joining MS...and my week has had 6 months worth of new guy research answered; offers of contacts nearby; a solid half hour plus phone call with answers to questions I didn't even know I had from dmjones; and fellow USAF dude kpaul offer up a day right before he leaves on a deployment to let me tag along on a 2hr out &a back to a fly in for my first Mooney ride in his beautiful F model.  Needless to say, I'm a fan.  Thanks to all so far.

As soon as someone lets me I'm on the secret as to why they show up inverted, I'll post some pictures!

Cheers

• Like 13

Some say flying a Mooney makes you a better person! :)

(not better than everyone else, just better than you were before!)

Nobody has the secret to the inverted pictures, but Marauder has been known to right the un-righted...

That solution probably resides in the software that you use to read MS.

Tapatalk is an alternative browser that many of us use...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Hold the camera straight....

If you are a PC person you can use Paint to rotate the pictures then save them. If you have a camera phone that takes big pictures. Move pictures to the computer first. In Paint.   Click on Resize in the top left menu.  type 25 in the Horizontal or Vertical. Save it and then click and drag.

Phone sideways photos and videos are best

I give up?  
Though fun at my day job, these photos in no way imply I approve of flying a Mooney sideways nor inverted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Personally I think it is because you guys want me to break the Guinness Book Of World Records for number of photos corrected on an Internet forum.

b19fcd08df24dab9ed46dd29ae3a917c.jpg
1348885738223bef63ba57217db73ea1.jpg
e9e44484d44da48c9f098be67acb7d52.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hank said:

Nah, he's just a Bama fan . . . War Eagle!

Almost didn't let him in the plane because of the hat.  Of course an Auburn hat would not have improved the issue.  You would think that a guy from Oregon would wear a Ducks hat.

I must say, that is one sexy Mooney!

It was great spending the day with EagleDriver. Here is one for sale http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/16982111/1979-mooney-m20k-231

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EagleDriver said:

Whooooooa whoa WHOA!  I'm from Alabama - just moving back out to Oregon! :D

It was definitely a good day, can't say thanks enough for the ride-along, kpaul!  Safe travels!

Relax, we're just giving you a hard time about your choice of headgear.

Good luck finding a Mooney. Hope your cross-country relocation works well. I moved 600 sm back to Alabama almost three years ago. Haven't missed any of that West-by-Gawd, Virginny, snow, either!  B)

All good - I just don't wear enough fluorescent glitter to be a Duck fan! :D

Many thanks!  I imagine we'll be back - but I don't think I can live without a place to get away to in Idaho/Montana/Oregon/etc.  *That* kind of snow is just a hoot - I imagine the WV snow season is a little harsh/wet!  Bottom line...there's a lot of travel in the future and measuring the speed in knots sounds much more appealing!

Edited by EagleDriver

5 hours ago, DaV8or said:

Oh, it was just a photo posting problem! I thought he had picked up his new plane in China. That's how it looks down under there, right?

You do realize that China is also above the equator, right? "Frozen Chosin" ring any bells? It's roughly the size of the Lower 48.

That picture of Idaho is pretty, but it would be gorgeous with green grass and leaves on the trees. Makes me want to break out my fly rod and point my Mooney west. We ain't got no trout to speak of down here . . . Water must be too warm . . . No snow melt feeding any of it.

Indeed!  We took a look at the Zenith and the little mini-rocket ship they build as well.  Not my market (yet) but $25k for a full composite kit seems pretty good.

That would be awesome - the C is definitely under consideration; most of my flying is the wife and I.  Well, and the dog, but he doesn't really need legroom. ;)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 10:05 PM, EagleDriver said:

See, everyone?!

I'll take my football in Tuscaloosa, but my well being down to my soul is probably in Idaho.

Thanks for the reminder!  I was just in the garage staring at my skis. :D

The beauty of the Mooney, is that you can live in both places.  Priceless.

• Like 1