Open letter to President-Elect Donald Trump

Mr. President-elect Trump

I know you are quite busy selecting your cabinet members and other top US officials for your administration.  The lower levels are not yet on your radar screen.  However, I would like to be considered for the top role in the FAA as the administrator.  I am an engineer, pilot and aircraft owner and extremely involved in the community.  My engineering skills and aviation experience would make me an excellent choice to head up the FAA.  My practical thought process would allow me to reduce rules and regulations imposed by the FAA and streamline processes to make general aviation industry more robust and profitable.  I would make the FAA a leaner organization that can get things done efficiently and safely and make the organization act more like a business and less like a bureaucracy.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated and I look forward to talking with one of your aides in the near future.

• Like 5

So are you actually going to send this or are you just messing around. Don't get me wrong I think it would be great to get a real pilot not a politician/ burocrat making some common sense rules, like ATC directive all Mooney airplanes to receive priority clearances through and into all airspace 

Hey I know I have about as much a chance of getting that position as Donald had getting elected but yes if called upon to serve our country I would gladly accept the challenge.

The question is who to send my resume to?  That's why I placed it as an open letter I figured maybe the right person would see it.

Furthermore, it would go with the current ideology - an outsider, non bureaucrat placed in a top position to reduce unnecessary government regulations, increase efficiency and promote business.

Try the Washington Post and New York Times. Or twitter . . .  :lol:

I'm also an engineer, with 21 years experience dealing with FDA regulations at work and over nine years dealing with FAA paperwork as a hobby. Let me know if you need help, I have a variety of sharp knives to cut red tape.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

Try the Washington Post and New York Times. Or twitter . . .  :lol:

I'm also an engineer, with 21 years experience dealing with FDA regulations at work and over nine years dealing with FAA paperwork as a hobby. Let me know if you need help, I have a variety of sharp knives to cut red tape.

You'll never get the job. Sharp knives are wrong tool for the job. You need a paint brush instead. Tape must remain, the color will simply be changed until all red tape has been eliminated.

Just now, AndyFromCB said:

You'll never get the job. Sharp knives are wrong tool for the job. You need a paint brush instead. Tape must remain, the color will simply be changed until all red tape has been eliminated.

I dunno, Donald seems to be busy breaking conventional approaches to many things. Making the tape go away is the quickest solution, and a sharp knife will cut it quickest.

Besides, I'm a country boy. I cain't move to DC--where would I keep my Mooney? Dulles?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1964-M20E said:

I know you are quite busy selecting your cabinet members and other top US officials for your administration.  The lower levels are not yet on your radar screen.  However, I would like to be considered for the top role in the FAA as the administrator.  I am an engineer, pilot and aircraft owner and extremely involved in the community.  My engineering skills and aviation experience would make me an excellent choice to head up the FAA.  My practical thought process would allow me to reduce rules and regulations imposed by the FAA and streamline processes to make general aviation industry more robust and profitable.  I would make the FAA a leaner organization that can get things done efficiently and safely and make the organization act more like a business and less like a bureaucracy.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated and I look forward to talking with one of your aides in the near future.

Be careful what you wish for...

5 hours ago, 1964-M20E said:

You forgot to mention that you have your own transportation in the form of "Air Force M20"

Clarence

I dunno, Donald seems to be busy breaking conventional approaches to many things. Making the tape go away is the quickest solution, and a sharp knife will cut it quickest.
Besides, I'm a country boy. I cain't move to DC--where would I keep my Mooney? Dulles?

Andrews Airforce Base....Duh :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok if you get in let me know as I'll put on a exp. aftermarket turbo, experimental heated de-ice panels and buy every darn bell and whistle dynon makes! I'd order it all yesterday! Ohh and maybe scratch the turbo I want a delta sky hawk diesel....here comes 220kts in a 201!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure his access will be seriously limited as he draws closer to actually being President but believe it or not he was very accessible as a "normal guy" just 2 months ago.  He flew into St Louis on his rounds and a buddy of mine, more like my brother, had been asked to go up to the airport to help out with some of his arrangements...ended up getting walked out to his plane where he met Trump. They were only supposed to be there like 15 min or so.. but Trump asked him and his wife to come on board. They spent an hour just talking about regular daily life things. They met Malania (sp?) and the coolest part...My buddy's 12 yr old daughter text him while they were there... Derrick quickly texted back and put his phone away. Donald asked about her and asked if they used facetime (for iPhones). He said yep...Donald said lets call her back...  

She happened to be on a school bus headed to a school function... Donald called her and spent like 10 minutes talking to her while she sat there with all the other kids. Needless to say she went nuts afterwards and snapped a bunch of screenshots... My buddy said he was the most personable and normal guy you'd ever meet,

There were no camera's around, and no press.  Despite the media, he's probably much more of a normal guy than most would ever imagine...just happens to be a billionaire and thankfully our next President.

Just 2 cents of ...

ii hope you get the job!  Sure would be great to have another "regular guy" that just happens to be a Mooney owner running something with common sense.

• Like 3