Mooney Tours... Edited-updated

TWinter

Let me have your attention..Follow-up from Mooney.

I just received a phone call just a few minutes ago from Vivek at Mooney Inc, well actually he was heading to a Mooney dealer up in the northeast. I was kind of caught off guard as I had just walked into work.

He did relay sincerest of apologies on behalf of Mooney and said there was mis-communication with respect to tour cancellations. He said that they would gladly provide us a tour and even offered an extended hospitality of a lunch.

I told him I truly appreciated the follow-up and accepted the invitation. I did not want to make them go over and beyond with the lunch offer, but would gladly accept the tour. I really would have been happy with just a abbreviated tour allowing me to stand at the entry door with my face smashed against a window looking in.  

He did not go into details regarding future tours, so I'm not sure of the status of that. I do appreciate his follow-up, correction and invitation. Time to close out this thread. I don't want to beat a dead horse..maybe it was mis-communication or the end of the tours. Regardless, I appreciate them following up and the special invitation. I want to post this as quickly as possible so everyone will be at peace with the outcome.

Pictures will follow..I promise!

Thanks for the support from MS.

-Tom

• Like 10

2 hours ago, TWinter said:

I just received a phone call just a few minutes ago from Vivek at Mooney Inc, well actually he was heading to a Mooney dealer up in the northeast. I was kind of caught off guard as I had just walked into work.

He did relay sincerest of apologies on behalf of Mooney and said there was mis-communication with respect to tour cancellations. He said that they would gladly provide us a tour and even offered an extended hospitality of a lunch.

I told him I truly appreciated the follow-up and accepted the invitation. I did not want to make them go over and beyond with the lunch offer, but would gladly accept the tour. I really would have been happy with just a abbreviated tour allowing me to stand at the entry door with my face smashed against a window looking in.  

He did not go into details regarding future tours, so I'm not sure of the status of that. I do appreciate his follow-up, correction and invitation. Time to close out this thread. I don't want to beat a dead horse..maybe it was mis-communication or the end of the tours. Regardless, I appreciate them following up and the special invitation. I want to post this as quickly as possible so everyone will be at peace with the outcome.

-Tom

Glad you are going to factory and the resolution to your satisfaction has been realized.  I guess Bob is the "go to" guy to PM if you have a concern with Mooney.  Good to know.  Mooney really stood up and helped out a grounded vintage guy as I recall.  I can only hope that I don't have to use Bob and the secret access behind the curtain...

I think is quite likely this thread contributed to your success. I know Stacey Ellis keeps up with MS, and he may well have put a bug in the new CEOs ear. It is consoling to know (or at least opine) that we have some input.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

I think is quite likely this thread contributed to your success. I know Stacey Ellis keeps up with MS, and he may well have put a bug in the new CEOs ear. It is consoling to know (or at least opine) that we have some input.

I did mention in my follow-up email last night to them that I was an "Opinionated Active Big Mouth" on MS and many were listening for the outcome or reasoning, however, I'd like to think they did it because they wanted to and realized how much we were looking forward to it, not because of MS repercussions or opinions.

Water under the bridge and looking forward to the visit.

-Tom 

3 hours ago, jkhirsch said:

Tom, I hope you included all of the details that you posted here in your email to Vivek.

If the business is so damn poor, maybe they should charge a fee.

The Elvis company seems to have a pretty good handle on how to make money doing that...

Really a piss poor situation Tom and I'm very sorry to hear about it.

Absolutely terrific outcome, very happy to thank Vivek, I expected nothing less after meeting him at the Mooney Summit.

Which then requires a thank you to Mike Elliot, which then requires a thank you to MS for providing the internet venue for him to organize.

Edited by jkhirsch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TWinter said:

-Tom

Perhaps while enjoying lunch on Mooney you could have them run your plane through the line again and it would come out as an Ultra.  It would be a nice show of their sincerity.

Clarence

If I had the means for a new airplane I would definitely be looking at a new Mooney and would think as the construction was taking place they would be happy to show off the work to its new owner. I think when I win that lottery will be one of my first calls. Can't really think of anything I'd rather fly not into a twin and other than a Lancair can't get into the plastic ones.

1 hour ago, gsengle said:

Has there ever been talk of a factory refurbishment program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was once upon a time, but it didn't pan out. Not sure if it went beyond paper investigations, it was before my time.

Got the old girl 7741M polished up for her homecoming dance back at Kerrville Wednesday/Thursday, flight plan ready..now just hoping for some good weather. I'm a nostalgic history kind of guy, going to feel kind of weird knowing the wheels of my plane have never touched the runway at Kerrville since the day it rolled off the production line nearly 43 yrs ago..I'll be sure to leave the checkbook at home. Don't need the temptation of the new ones coming off the line..the check would bounce faster than my Mooney could get me back home. Now just hoping for good weather. Wheels up at 0930 in the morning.

-Tom

• Like 5