IMC Approach in rain into Long Beach, CA Mooney M20M

JohnB

49 minutes ago, MooneyBob said:

1. Why is it black and white?

2. Do you use the propeller filter on?

3. Does the camera have the image stabilizer? It looks like it's floating in the cockpit. 

It really was that gloomy and that color that day. Prop filter is on. It does seem to darken the picture a little bit on sunny days. Yes, image stabilizer is on. I think it helps. i tried taking a video with a mount and my iphone, and on takeoff and even taxi, it looked like moderate to severe turbulence constantly which was hard to watch.

42 minutes ago, M016576 said:

It doesn't look black and white to me- just bad weather.

nice work!  My only gripe with those cameras vs a GoPro is the Garmin tag in the upper right.  Is there a way to get rid of that?

Yup, it was that color. Thanks! Im sure theres a way to get rid of the logo, but I dont know how to do that yet,or maybe since i used the camera's GPS altitude and tracking addition to the video, it puts it in.  Lots of things (night vidoe, headset connect) I have to dig into the manual for whenever i get some spare time.

• Like 2