Anyone notice a famous 252/Encore for sale?

LANCECASPER

18 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

And I test flew that airplane for Parker before he bought it. It was based in Tucson and I guy I knew owned it.

Just now, Marauder said:

Wasn't he the owner who tried to put a TKS on the plane and got caught up in some of bankruptcy with the company doing the work? Or am I thinking of a different plane?

Must be a different airplane.

I thought Tim was able to finish the TKS, but It looks like that it never was finished?

Parker, what did it true out at?

And why is the NBC so hard to understand? I've talked to some shops asking about it, they say "it doesn't apply to this gear motor" then I dive into logs, and it says it it was changed at X time and due again at X. Not knowing is half the problem. If half of the owners knew about the issue, you probably wouldn't have any gear-ups. Poor Tim had it fail, and as a result, dinged a fine airplane. (It's Still fine, thanks to Don). I know my E doesn't have it with the old Dukes actuator. However, some K's have the NBC. Do late J's and Bravos have it too? 

Thoughts?

-Matt

I've accepted an offer on 252BH. Awfully sad to see her go.  It's even harder to not have an anchor into the Mooney community. But if things go well the next plane is another Mooney, a 301.  :-)

These deals aren't over 'til they're over, so if you or someone you know is interested in 252BH please ping me or get in touch with Jimmy at All American.

• Like 1

I've always liked that plane..Never did hit the lottery though.

Good luck with the sale, but like Tim says, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

I'll buy another lottery ticket this week. Tennessee has had a few winning tickets lately.

-Tom

10 hours ago, MB65E said:

Parker, what did it true out at?

11.5 gph would give you a range from 160 knots to 200 knots, depending on Altitude...

IIRC...

10,000 Feet - 170-174 KTAS

15,000 Feet - 180-183 KTAS

FL210 - 190-194 KTAS

It will probably be faster with the MT Prop getting installed...and a heck of a lot better CG.

• Like 2