Tennessee wild fires!

JKSmith

Is their any way general aviation can help with these wildfires? Help such as bringing fire fighters from different parts of the state to the affected areas, or bringing in supplies to nearby strips that aren't covered by smoke? As a Kentucky fire fighter my help on the ground isn't available, but being willing to help any way possible is in my scope of expertise 

With any luck, the front that's starting through right now will drop a few inches of rain and help a whole lot!

North Alabama is expecting a couple of inches tonight, and another inch-plus later in the week, but it will taper off to half of that here in Lower Alabama . . . But there's always hope! So far, we are 12.45" behind on rainfall.

Not being in the fire business, I'm not aware of much that we in GA can do to help out, other than to stay out of their way. If you find out something, let us know! I'd love to help out.

KMRN has been a focal point of firefighting from the air for about a month. Crews from all over the country are still here with 6 fixed wing sprayers here the whole time and probably that many large helicopters in and out. There must be 30 ground crew in support. There's a couple of Turbo Commanders that come in frequently and probably 10 tank trucks of Jet-A and fire retardant. The airport manager told me yesterday that he's been told that the equipment and crews will remain for a while even though we are getting rain today. These guys, and gals, are real pros. They set up buffets in our big hangar including Thanksgiving.  

IMG_20161126_125245024[1].jpg

IMG_20161109_110843666[1].jpg

IMG_20161109_110903318[1].jpg