SOLD - 1967 M20C For Sale - N9638M - $47,500 - Garmin GTN-650

omega708

I'm the guy who is blessed to be the new owner of N9638M, and I'm thrilled to have it. Justin and Travis, A&P, worked exceptionally hard at wrapping up final details on the plane before I picked it up, and flying it to E13 then to E01 was a real joy. I am glad to now have Justin as a friend, and if anyone has any questions about the M20C, he has great breadth and depth of knowledge about them as well as many other aircraft. 

Thanks again Justin, and I'll keep you posted as I finish re-training and get back in the air on my own.

BTW - I know you warned me about "getting on my toes on final", but I didn't quite get that done properly on Thursday's flight, but my landing on Saturday during training was almost perfect. On final, I said out loud "I'm on my toes" several time. So, now I really have added the "T" to the GUMPS check list.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jrheathjr said:

BTW - I know you warned me about "getting on my toes on final", but I didn't quite get that done properly on Thursday's flight, but my landing on Saturday during training was almost perfect. On final, I said out loud "I'm on my toes" several time. So, now I really have added the "T" to the GUMPS check list.

What is that referring to, just being active on the rudder pedals?

1 hour ago, jrheathjr said:

I'm the guy who is blessed to be the new owner of N9638M, and I'm thrilled to have it. Justin and Travis, A&P, worked exceptionally hard at wrapping up final details on the plane before I picked it up, and flying it to E13 then to E01 was a real joy. I am glad to now have Justin as a friend, and if anyone has any questions about the M20C, he has great breadth and depth of knowledge about them as well as many other aircraft. 

Thanks again Justin, and I'll keep you posted as I finish re-training and get back in the air on my own.

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, jrheathjr said:

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase. They have an airport in Crane? :):)

Please post a hello on the main general board and introduce yourself. 

Good flying.

12 hours ago, jrheathjr said:

The "Toes" comment does refer to staying off the brakes. Most of my hours are in a Piper Arrow, and these Mooney pedals are very different. 

Glad to hear that it's working out for you.  I also transitioned to "my" Mooney from a Piper and the Mooney pedals are much lower to the floor.  I added a "T" to the end of my GUMPS check to make sure that I wasn't inadvertently on the brakes during my transition training.