SOLD - 1967 M20C For Sale - N9638M - $47,500 - Garmin GTN-650

omega708

If anyone is interested, I have my '67 C model listed on ASO for $47,500.  Thanks!

https://www.aso.com/listings/spec/ViewAd.aspx?id=167674

Times
  • Tach Total Time: 3821
  • Tach Time SMOH: 1800
  • Time Since Prop Overhaul: 500
  • Time Since Prop Reseal / Repaint : 50
  • Time Since Mags Overhauled : 50
  • Time Since Tank Reseal: 4 hours (right), 50 hours (left)

General
  • No Damage History
  • Continuous Logs Intact and Available (Hard Copy and Digital)
  • Corrosion Free

Panel
  • PS Engineering 8000B Audio Panel - With audio recorder / playback and Auxiliary MP3 input
  • Garmin GTN-650 WAAS GPS / Nav / Comm 
  • Garmin GI-106A CDI / Glideslope  
  • TKM MX11 Digital Secondary Comm
  • NARCO NAV-122 Secondary NAV/ILS/LOC
  • NARCO TSO 150 Mode-C Transponder
  • Strike Finder
  • Digital Tach
  • Digital Davtron Chronometer / OAT / Voltmeter

Upgrades
  • Mooney 201 / J Windshield STC - Less than 100 hours on new windshield
  • Upgraded 1/4" Windows
  • Whelen LED Landing Light
  • Whelen LED Beacon
  • Whelen High Intensity Belly Strobe
  • Retrofit standard 6-pack instrument panel
  • Alternator conversion STC (factory power was via generator)
  • Aero-Comfort Custom Leather wrapped yokes with dual PTT
  • SkyTec Lightweight / Highspeed Starter
  • Two Axis Autopilot (Accutrak II) coupled to primary and secondary nav
  • Precise Flight Backup Vacuum System
  • LED Ring lights on instruments (dimmable)
  • LED Interior Map Lights (dimmable)
  • New Prop control cable and modern vernier
  • New Mixture control cable and modern vernier
  • CorrosionX treatment

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

Edited by omega708
Content Correction
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, omega708 said:

Thanks Bob, I appreciate it.  I'm more than willing to accept feedback on the listing if anyone has anything constructive to offer. :)

I think I asked you about the "tach total flight time" when you posted about your plane before and you said it was data from the digital tachometer.  It seems like that would only count hours since the digital tachometer was installed rather than total airframe flight hours.

6 minutes ago, mooniac15u said:

I think I asked you about the "tach total flight time" when you posted about your plane before and you said it was data from the digital tachometer.  It seems like that would only count hours since the digital tachometer was installed rather than total airframe flight hours.

Thanks for the feedback!  I've removed that information from the ad, but I think it will take ASO about 24 hours before the edits are published.  I was considering posting the ad to Trade-A-Plane as well.  Any other recommendations?

as someone who's always looking at ads, I think yours looks fine.  I can get past the paint, but I think the 'high time engine to expected cost' is the only thing keeping me back on this plane.  I do question this, however:

Time Since Tank Reseal: 4 hours (right), 50 hours (left)

not sure that's how that particular item is tracked. 

good luck with the sale!

Just now, eman1200 said:

as someone who's always looking at ads, I think yours looks fine.  I can get past the paint, but I think the 'high time engine to expected cost' is the only thing keeping me back on this plane.  I do question this, however:

Time Since Tank Reseal: 4 hours (right), 50 hours (left)

not sure that's how that particular item is tracked. 

good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the follow-up.  It might be less confusing to simply say recent fuel tank strip / reseal rather than listing flight times for these.  Also, people that are less familiar with Mooney's might question the inclusion of this information altogether...

Was excited to see an email from ASO today with information on a prospective lead on my plane... Excitement faded pretty quickly when I read the message, as it was clearly a phishing attempt.  I sent a quick / terse note back to the enquirer and sure enough, they replied back with a zip file attachment asking me to "open and run" the enclosed file so that I could verify if my airplane was the same model as the one in their file.  Yeah, like I'm going to do that.... :mellow:

Reported the attempt to ASO and they're taking care of it.  

I can't stand a scammer / liar / thief.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 3:48 PM, omega708 said:

If anyone is interested, I have my '67 C model listed on ASO for $47,500.  

I'm curious as to why you listed it on ASO ? I only used them once a number of years ago but didn't have a good experience with them; they continued to bill me for an ad well after the airplane sold and I told them to cancel the ad. And I got zero hits from their ad anyway. Today when I look at airplanes for sale, I never look at ASO. I've had the best luck on Barnstormers. Just an FYI.

48 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

I'm curious as to why you listed it on ASO ? I only used them once a number of years ago but didn't have a good experience with them; they continued to bill me for an ad well after the airplane sold and I told them to cancel the ad. And I got zero hits from their ad anyway. Today when I look at airplanes for sale, I never look at ASO. I've had the best luck on Barnstormers. Just an FYI.

This is the type of feedback that I'm looking for, from you all.  I'm a first time owner, so this is naturally my first time selling an airplane.  When I was shopping for planes I tended to look at ASO and Trade-A-Plane more than Barnstormers, but that is just me.  Maybe I should have started a poll in the miscellaneous section for "preferred shopping / selling service."  I'll look into Barnstormers' ad rates and consider sending some business their way.

Thanks for the feedback!

39 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I listed my C for sale here on MooneySpace and on Controller. It took Controller almost two weeks to get my "free" ad approved and posted. In the mean time, I'd sold the plane from the MooneySpace listing.

I'd be more than happy to sell it to someone on Mooneyspace... :D  

Justin is a stand-up guy and the aircraft appears to exactly as represented.  I decided to go with a friend's aircraft but it was a really really hard decision.  I would not hesitate to deal with Justin and I will definitely listen to any advice he has on a legacy Mooney - particularly when it comes to PC/Brittain systems.   Just FYI - I expressed interest in the aircraft and in turn he found all the info I requested - called Brittain and found out what it would cost to upgrade his aircraft AND found two A&Ps that could get the prop inspections done within 1.5 mooney hours from my residence!

Great guy - nice airplane!  

• Like 2

On 11/30/2016 at 7:50 PM, omega708 said:

This is the type of feedback that I'm looking for, from you all.  I'm a first time owner, so this is naturally my first time selling an airplane.  When I was shopping for planes I tended to look at ASO and Trade-A-Plane more than Barnstormers, but that is just me.  Maybe I should have started a poll in the miscellaneous section for "preferred shopping / selling service."  I'll look into Barnstormers' ad rates and consider sending some business their way.

Thanks for the feedback!

I usually browse barnstormers and controller.  Mainly because they seem to be easier and quicker to navigate.  When i was seriously looking for my plane, I looked through everything that would come to mind.  IIRC, I found my plane in a barnstormers ad.

On 12/7/2016 at 7:00 PM, Drumstick said:

Justin is a stand-up guy and the aircraft appears to exactly as represented.  I decided to go with a friend's aircraft but it was a really really hard decision.  I would not hesitate to deal with Justin and I will definitely listen to any advice he has on a legacy Mooney - particularly when it comes to PC/Brittain systems.   Just FYI - I expressed interest in the aircraft and in turn he found all the info I requested - called Brittain and found out what it would cost to upgrade his aircraft AND found two A&Ps that could get the prop inspections done within 1.5 mooney hours from my residence!

Great guy - nice airplane!  

Welcome to Drumstick. Hope you tap around the site for awhile.

david

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few questions first off I love the paint thats awesome. Secondly, thats 1800 smoh so I guess the plane is going to need another engine overhaul soon? Also the new Garmin you have in there, is it capable to list traffic and WAAS equipped? Finally, what is you're normal cruise speed and GPH fuel flow?

Thanks

Trevor

On 12/31/2016 at 10:32 AM, mooneym20c said:

Just a few questions first off I love the paint thats awesome. Secondly, thats 1800 smoh so I guess the plane is going to need another engine overhaul soon? Also the new Garmin you have in there, is it capable to list traffic and WAAS equipped? Finally, what is you're normal cruise speed and GPH fuel flow?

Thanks

Trevor

Howdy Trevor and Happy New Year!

My apologies for the delayed response, but I just replied to your private message regarding the same topics. :D

On 12/10/2016 at 7:18 AM, MB65E said:

Barnstormers, Controller, Jimmy Garrison.  However,  it will probably sell here. Good luck!! Looks really nice!

-Matt

Thanks Matt, I'm going to post it on Barnstormers and Controller this week.  I'm working with my mechanic to get it in for annual this week or next.  I'm kicking myself for not having him start the annual before Christmas.  I had high hopes for some extra stick time between Christmas and New Year's day that never came to fruition....

Just a quick update to let you all know that 38M was picked up by it's new owner yesterday.  It was definitely a bittersweet day, but the new owner is an awesome guy with a great family, and I expect we'll see some posts from him in the not too distant future.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, omega708 said:

Just a quick update to let you all know that 38M was picked up by it's new owner yesterday.  It was definitely a bittersweet day, but the new owner is an awesome guy with a great family, and I expect we'll see some posts from him in the not too distant future.

congrats on the sale.

• Like 1