Mom's First Flight

Kristoffer

That is fantastic your wheels go up just like a jet

fun watch but very dissapointed you did not answer most all of her qustions.  You could make a second vid only edit out the questions and only include the answers

I remember taking my mom for a ride in our 150 after i got my PPL she was all smiles but not her first time in a GA airplane i think she was very proud since her best friend

was the one that inspired me all those many years ago going for an airplane ride

1 minute ago, bonal said:

That is fantastic your wheels go up just like a jet

fun watch but very dissapointed you did not answer most all of her qustions.  You could make a second vid only edit out the questions and only include the answers

I remember taking my mom for a ride in our 150 after i got my PPL she was all smiles but not her first time in a GA airplane i think she was very proud since her best friend

was the one that inspired me all those many years ago going for an airplane ride

I debated between a video answering all her questions (45min) and a short funny one. Especially when I explained what every gauge did. But I figured since most of my videos are informative, I would change it up and just make it funny so it appeals to a broader range this time. I may publish a full length one if enough people ask. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

Well done sir, your mother is a such a delight to watch and share her experience with.   This made me cry however,  for you are so lucky to have been able to share that experience with your Mother.  My mother died when I was 13 and my father refused to come flying with me when i passed my test at age 17, I so wanted to take him flying, he was scared he said, I  think because his brother was shot down over Italy. Sadly he is no longer alive either.   To be able to show your parents the great miracle that is flight and that you are in total control and have acheived this skill is beyond words.  

Your mother is delightful.  

I am speechless.........

THANK YOU 

• Like 2

My mother died in 1971 but I did get to take her on a trip from PA to NH and back in a C177 in 1969. She took flying lessons herself in VT in the '30s and she took me and my younger brother for a ride in an amphibian on Lake Winnipesaukee back in about  1949. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

Well done sir, your mother is a such a delight to watch and share her experience with.   This made me cry however,  for you are so lucky to have been able to share that experience with your Mother.  My mother died when I was 13 and my father refused to come flying with me when i passed my test at age 17, I so wanted to take him flying, he was scared he said, I  think because his brother was shot down over Italy. Sadly he is no longer alive either.   To be able to show your parents the great miracle that is flight and that you are in total control and have acheived this skill is beyond words.  

Your mother is delightful.  

My mother would never fly in a small plane and wasn't thrilled with my flying especially after my brother was in a mid air and survived.

Clarence

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Mom's rock!

Mine went for a taxi ride.  Tie-down to fuel pumps.  Not all parents are going to appreciate their kids flying.

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

-a-

When my dad was alive he was scared to death of all airplanes, let alone GA...

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

My mother would never fly in a small plane and wasn't thrilled with my flying especially after my brother was in a mid air and survived.

Clarence

I am very lucky. I've been flying for a long time but it wasn't until recently she even expressed that she wanted to go flying... Had I known I would have taken her 20 years ago!

Took my mother-in-law  (Mita) for her first flight with my wife next to her. The whole flight Mita was counting beads on the rosary. At the end of the flight I told her she didn't have to worry about the plane it is a very safe one. She replied: "I was not concern about the plane but about you. You should have a rosary hanging from the compass" Mita gave me a pocket size bible to carry in the plane which I carry on her memory.

José

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Piloto said:

Took my mother-in-law  (Mita) for her first flight with my wife next to her. The whole flight Mita was counting beads on the rosary. At the end of the flight I told her she didn't have to worry about the plane it is a very safe one. She replied: "I was not concern about the plane but about you. You should have a rosary hanging from the compass" Mita gave me a pocket size bible to carry in the plane which I carry on her memory.

José

HAHAHA I love that story!!

Great video! Moms are special, and we only get one . . .

I remember my Mom's first flight with me--we had taken my brother to the commercial airport to fly home, then headed back. Dad was a career Marine, stationed at a lot of Marine Corps Air Stations, where activity, flight training and the ubiquitous touch and goes cannot be missed. As I approached the pattern, the very nearby Class D reported jumpers away and invited me over to do a touch and go while waiting for the meat bombs to land. So we did. Mom commented that after all of the touch and goes she has seen, she has now finally done one!

Then we crossed the River and landed at the home drome, 4nm away.

Edited by Hank

Just now, Hank said:

Great video! Moms are special, and we only get one . . .

I remember my Mom's first flight with me--we had taken my brother to the commercial airport to fly home, then headed back. Dad was a career Marine, stationed at a lot of Marine Corps Air Stations, where activity, flight training and the ubiquitous touch and goes cannot be missed. As I approached the pattern, the very nearby Class D reported jumpers away and invited me over to do a touch and go while waiting for the meat bombs to land. So we did. Mom commented that after all of the touch and goes she has seen, she has now finally done one!

Then we crossed the River and landed at the home drome, 4nm away.

I love that story Hank!! I have shared aviation with many people over the last 20+ years, somehow this has been the most memorable and the most fulfilling flight yet!