How long have you owned your Mooney?

mooney17n

17n that's an incredible life span 41 years seems too me like you would be selling a member of your family not sure how one could do that unless your no longer flying. Congratulations on a great run with your family airplane. For us it's only been about 3.5 years I'd have to review my logs for the hours sadly all I can say is not as many as I'd like. 

I'm about 9 days shy of 4.75 years. I've put about 370 hours on the tach. I financed my plane but had I saved that money to this day I probably could have bought her outright. I still wouldn't change a thing and still can't believe I own (with the bank) an airplane. As Burt Routan said in reference to flight, "...It's a better way of transportation." I use mine to commute to work quite a bit.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hank said:

Nine and a half years and counting . . . Bought her five weeks after completing my PPL. But then again, there's a car in my garage right now that I've had just over twenty years, so the Mooney is not in any danger.

Update:  nine and a half years and almost 700 hours for the Mooney. Twenty years, five months and 49,000 miles on the pleasure car.

7 hours ago, 201er said:

5 years. Feels longer. Maybe that's cause I've logged 1007 hours since purchase. Why don't you guys put your hours along with years.

Because people like you make me feel bad. Lol. I've put around 350 hours on it during those 6 years. I make a point to run it for at least an hour every couple weeks so she's not getting neglected.