How long have you owned your Mooney?

mooney17n

I am contemplating selling my 1968 M20C.  The plane has been with my family since 1971, have the pink slip for the registration.    Its been owned by me or my father for almost 46yrs, how long have others owned their Mooneys?

Edited by mooney17n
Mis-spelling
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, mooney17n said:

I am contemplating selling my 1968 M20C.  The plane has been with my family since 1971, have the pink slip for the registration.    Its been owned by me or my father for almost 46yrs, how long have others owned their Mooneys?

That is an awesome story. I'm a few years behind Hank at 6 years or so. 

Mooney 231 converted to 261: owned for over 18 years. When I sold her I took in a 231 in trade and sold her shortly thereafter. I've owned my current 201 for about 3 years. Many other aircraft in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, mooney17n said:

Airplanes have pink slips? I've had mine for 3 years. That's very cool that you and your dad have owned the plane. 

Mike

15 years in December.  She was a pretty face that had suffered benign neglect for over 20 years.  Now she is a reliable cross-country machine.  I still regret selling my dad's last car a 1990 300ZX...but it was down-payment for the Mooney and was suffering from lack of use like my plane so I hope that car is loved like I love my Mooney.

31 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I've owned mine for 25 years.

Chris, over 25 years, how many hours have you averaged per year on your F?

[Please DO NOT (ever) divide total cost by total dollars spent on your F and if you do, DO NOT share that info.]  :ph34r: