M20E - KBVY - KMVL

Lance Keve

From back in May but just found the video so cobbled together beginning and end. Everyone's discussing making such great videos, so I apologize for rushed method. Warning, may need to mute. No real bass on mobile devices makes it worse than it already is. ;)

Took middle son (Owen) to basketball tournament in Vermont. KBVY Beverly, MA to KMVL Stowe, VT. 3.5 hour drive for the rest of the teams parents. It took us 55 minutes.  

Departure is 16 pointing out to Beverly/Salem Harbor.  Yes, I know my left main gear is drooping a tad and will be taken care of at next annual or before.  It was the first thing I noticed when flaps came up.

Not the best landing, but could be worse.  :rolleyes: 

Good shot of the step drop from the fuselage on stopping. Excellent service at Morrisville-Stowe airport and they even threw down a carpet.  There were no landing fees but overnight fees were a staggering $2.50/day.

• Like 8

Nice Video.

How did you mount the camera?  Just a sticky thing?  I like that perspective but worry my camera would fall off.

I love that you can see the Mooney shadow on climb out.

I have a fixed step, I wish I had the vacuum one.  I love the way that thing operates.

Edited by DanM20C
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DanM20C said:

Nice Video.

How did you mount the camera?  Just a sticky thing?  I like that perspective but worry my camera would fall off.

I love that you can see the Mooney shadow on climb out.

I have a fixed step, I wish I had the vacuum one.  I love the way that thing operates.

Thanks. It is one of the sticky mounts for a gopro. Mounted on the front part of the tail skid. 

9 hours ago, DanM20C said:

Nice Video.

You'll need to be doing about 350mph to rip one of those off. The Black Diamond Jet team uses them.

I did the math for the sticky pads. Per the force numbers supplied by 3M, and size of the pad, it will hold with ~75lbs of pressure. Two of them would hold my girlfriend and a change of clothes.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

You'll need to be doing about 350mph to rip one of those off. The Black Diamond Jet team uses them.

I did the math for the sticky pads. Per the force numbers supplied by 3M, and size of the pad, it will hold with ~75lbs of pressure. Two of them would hold my girlfriend and a change of clothes.

Yes but will two of them hold one of Chris' girlfriends with a change of clothes? That's the 65K$ question! How about without clothes?

Forget the change of clothes. They don't change clothes...do they Chris?!

• Like 1

Thanks. And that light sure does earn it's coffee grinder nickname with how loud it is when on before the engine start. 

Hey Lance. Nice video. It has been a while since I had the coffee grinder on mine but I think there are two bulbs in there. Did you take a look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but will two of them hold one of Chris' girlfriends with a change of clothes? That's the 65K$ question! How about without clothes?
Forget the change of clothes. They don't change clothes...do they Chris?!

Clothes are optional on my plane. But you can never leave without enough food onboard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

Hey Lance. Nice video. It has been a while since I had the coffee grinder on mine but I think there are two bulbs in there. Did you take a look?

Hi Chris. Thanks. Two bulbs? I haven't taken a close look but I'm thinking you mean 180 degrees from each other therefore one might be out. I'll take a look next time I'm over at the hangar. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/24/2016 at 10:35 AM, Marauder said:

On 11/24/2016 at 0:56 PM, Lance Keve said:

Hi Chris. Thanks. Two bulbs? I haven't taken a close look but I'm thinking you mean 180 degrees from each other therefore one might be out. I'll take a look next time I'm over at the hangar. 

Hi Chris - Late forgotten update.  Yes, there are two bulbs in there....one being out.  Oddly, the one bulb has been out since I got the plane and even through it's first annual without anyone noticing.  An annual at an MSC even.  Best to look over everything yourself too..

I guess technically it's not needed with the wingtip and rear position lights/strobes. 

• Like 1