Aveo LED wing lights

Scott Aviation

Been a while since I posted on here, had some personal challenges to deal with but recently had my hoskin strobe assembly go on my 201.  So I decided to order some AVEO ultra LED lights for the plane.  Well I got them Friday and the port side green assembly showed up DOA, ordered from Spruce, called them and they advised me to contact AVEO directly for a warranty claim, I explained they hadn't even been installed yet and were bench tested before installation.  Didn't matter was told to deal directly with AVEO.  So I said I would just send them back and ask for my money back and they said they would have to send them back to AVEO for warranty and then would verify if I could get my money back.  SO the only thing to do is send them back to AVEO for a replacement light.  They would not cover the shipping down to Florida for warranty and would charge me shipping to return, so after spending over $1000 on lights, 1 showed up dead I now have to pay my own cost of $70 shipping from Canada to Florida to get my light.  Any thoughts from you guys would be great, beyond disappointed and frustrated with both companies at this time.

thats exactly what I did, asked for a manager with spruce as the aircraft was needed  for tomorrow for a trip and now its scrubbed, the manager read me lines from their invoice policy and AVEO will only work with them if its returned to the manufacturer and spruce basically won't accept the return and said that if i did they would just send it back to AVEO for a replacement and send me that so I am SOL. She was very apologetic but didn't resolve my issues now I am out a trip and probably over $150 in shipping costs on top of the lights that I hadnt even installed yet.  I guess I just wanted to share my experience so far.  I'll see how the rest goes.  

Seriously, have your card company charge them back. There is no excuse for you to eat all of that shipping on a DOA part. AS is on the hook to make it right and get remedy from Aveo. I bet you'll have a replacement at your house the next day as soon as you get the charge back going.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1