Sold: 1987 M20J 205

smccray

Edit- bumping this old post- wife is on board with an upgrade- new plane identified.  She’ll be gone within 90 days.  

Reason for sale: Moving Up

Standby for photos- having trouble uploading- see the link below.

Photos and Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a46rrdso559k9pl/AABdv7OZuPdZtpUydYPkd1OUa?dl=0

Thanks for looking.  PM, email (my screen name @ gmail) or phone <number removed>

Scott

Edit: Off market until next spring.  If you're looking let me know.

The good:

• Don Maxwell maintained
  • 1024 lbs of useful load with an increased 2900lb gross weight;  Full fuel is 640 lbs.  You'll be hard pressed to find more useful load in a Mooney (3 people plus light bags is easily doable)
  • At gross weight, I flight plan 150 ktas on ~8.8 gph LOP in cruise.  I generally see slightly higher than 150 ktas in cruise at full gross
  • GMA340
  • GNS480
  • King 165
  • GTX327
  • JPI 830
  • Panel Mount ready for your 796 wired into the GNS480
  • Paint and Interior are decent- it needs some touch up paint and a good detail inside, but above average.
  • 28v electrical system
  • A3B6 engine (Separate slick mags instead of the problematic bendix dual mag)
  • Concord sealed battery, Ignition system redone in the last 36 months (mags, leads, and ~a year on new tempest firewire plugs).  Battery just replaced in 11/2016
  • Compressions all over 70 with normal oil consumption
  • TTAF: 5100 hrs (hobbs time since 1000 hrs)
  • TSMOH: 1300 (this is hobbs time measured by an oil pressure switch added, not the squat switch normally found on Mooneys- comparable time is probably 10-15% less)

The bad

• Wing Skin replaced in 1988-89 timeframe by the Mooney factory
  • Gear Up 1988-89- was 2 engines ago and it's had 25 annuals since it occurred
  • Some very minor hail damage on the empennage.  You won't see it in pictures or in person unless you look close but it will show up on a pre-buy.
  • Missing a static wick on the left wing- will be replaced at annual in 2 weeks
  • Found some characteristic blue staining on the bottom of the right wing; DMax will evaluate the leak when she goes in for annual.

Edited by smccray
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BodyshopDave said:

"Edit: Off market until next spring.  If you're looking let me know"

Looks like the OP edited the post saying it's off the market as of now.

Everything in my life is for sale but my wife, my daughter, and my dogs.

I might be willing to negotiate a bit on my wife. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Pictures required. We have high standards here on MooneySpace. emoji23.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm dumb but not stupid- dumb was writing the post above...stupid would be posting a picture!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Wife or plane will be gone in 90days?

He said “...She’ll be gone within 90 days.” It’s clear and one would reasonably deduce that refers to the wife. :mellow:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...