IFR Written DONE! Woot Woot

mooneygirl

3 minutes ago, thinwing said:

Good Jolie..sounds like you are getting serious about the IR.Whats your flying plan,instructor etc?If you are using your Mooney...make sure all avionics are working perfectly!

I have the flight training scheduled in a bit over a month.  Will be in my airplane.  My CFII is in LA which is a great place to learn. I have 13 hours from him, but it was six years ago.

Congratulations, Jolie! There's no way I could have passed that test without having some instrument flying experience under my belt, and a dozen hours from several years ago wouldn't have cut it . . . I earned my PPL while getting my MS in the evening, but waited until I was done with that to start Instrument work. It makes the plane much more useful, but it sap sometimes difficult to stay current. Keep up the good work, you have the hard part behind you!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

congratulations on the written.. 

one thing remember during your check ride that many people forget....    If things are not going how you want them, you can tell the examiner that you would like a "discontinuance"... this does not fail you and just basically allows you to reschedule and fly the balance of the check ride that you had not completed.    From my understanding, if you say that first, then you can't be failed unless it's seriously bad situation before having claimed the option.

During my check ride, all hell broke loose in the airspace when they were training ATC and 6 jets were trying to get in at the same time on the same runway.  I was cleared and taken off the same approach 3 or 4 times, and in middle of the chaos,  my brain was thinking the step down MDA of the LOC approach, not the VOR approach MDA that I was actually flying.   It meant that I was holding at 200' higher than actual MDA... I didn't have the cognition to ask ATC to send me around for a nice clean stable uninterrupted approach or discontinue... It was an expensive mistake because I had to pay for another check ride and missed my insurance renewal date with the lower premium that comes with the IR.   luckily, the second check ride went perfectly.. 

• Like 1

ugh.  I finished all my required hood and XC time last week and planning on checkride middle of april after I cleanup all my maneuvers to standards. 

Still havent done my written.  Did an Aviation seminars last weekend and have sheppards as well.  I should really just go do the damn thing. 

5 hours ago, TheTurtle said:

ugh.  I finished all my required hood and XC time last week and planning on checkride middle of april after I cleanup all my maneuvers to standards. 

Still havent done my written.  Did an Aviation seminars last weekend and have sheppards as well.  I should really just go do the damn thing. 

How did you like the Aviation Seminar? I'm thinking of using them to prep for the Commercial written.

• Like 1