A shoutout to fellow Mooniac Brett Nicolette

Robert C.

6 hours ago, Robert C. said:

https://www.facebook.com/PatientAirLiftServices/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Brett got a nice shout-out on the PALS FB page for flying little Nyla part of the way to her medical appointment.

Way to go Brett!

You gotta change the topic of the thread. Brett has been shunned and excommunicated from the Mooney community. How dare he show up to a Mooney fly-in in a Baron! He is now a "high priced parts and fuel sucker" relegated to Beechtalk. Traitor. :)

• Like 1

Checklist...

1) heart

2) brain

3) courage

Brett clearly has all that, in a big way... :)

What Brett needs is more speed and efficiency.

Go Acclaim, Brett!

Need help with the search..?  

http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/list/?manu=MOONEY&mdltxt=ACCLAIM+TYPE+S

There is even one with paint that Peter could appreciate...

Best regards,

-a-

11 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

A friend of mine who briefly owned a 90s vintage B55 told me it cost him 80K a year to own and operate. Admittedly, he spared no expense and just wrote checks, enjoying the full concierge general aviation experience, but still. He also sold the B55 and is no longer flying at all, for what it is worth. 

WOW !!!

On 11/15/2016 at 8:13 AM, jetdriven said:

WOW !!!

80 k a year for a b55...the annual must have loved him!In 1989 I bought a 69 d55 Baron for 52k.Had 1100 hrs and ran the io520s out by 1999.....ave annual costs maybe 2000 with maybe one jug change.Any way first annual,some jerk mechanic/shop tried to convince me "tool" marks on both engine cases were cracked cases and need immediate overhaul.I show up all upset and this bozo hands me a 10 x magnifiying glass so scratched up from lying in the bottom of his tool chest ,I couldn't even make out surface details ,let alone focus on these scratches!The guy didn't even use dye penetrant to properly dx....he was trying to convince me both engines were ready to explode if I didn't allow him to pull both engines and start tear down....something similar must have happened to our 80 k a year guy