Avidyne IFD440/540 Trade-Up Program from Avionics Source (Sponsored)

1 minute ago, gsengle said:

I'm seriously considering it... I particularly like resetting the technology clock while I still have trade in value.

So explain to me how you needed your A&P signature for the swap?

It's debatable as to whether it's actually required, but he was there and happy to do it for me.

4 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Here it is.  ProAv in New Philadelphia, OH http://www.proavaircraft.com Ask for Eric. He'll remember me if you tell him I'm the one who bought Mr Schnider's 252.  They run a very active shop and for a very small FBO/Airfield, I spent a couple of days there and was very impressed with their expertise and knowledge.  I ended up having them pre-buy and annual the 252 before I flew it home to Texas.

Thanks, Paul.

On 11/28/2016 at 10:03 AM, Avionics Source said:

Nobody tell Paul he just signed up to be our Mooney trade show plane! 

I have a 530W / 430W stack currently and considering upgrading. Will my Garmin GTX345 transponder work with IFD products? i.e. display wx and traffic?

Just now, kevinw said:

I have a 530W / 430W stack currently and considering upgrading. Will my Garmin GTX345 transponder work with IFD products? i.e. display wx and traffic?

Kevin,

With the imminent release of software 10.2, the Garmin GTX345 can utilize the IFD as a GPS position source, as well as display the TIS-B/FIS-B "In" on the IFD display, and the IFD100 app. From my understanding, the Garmin GDL88 is approved and customers are benefiting from the same display setup as we speak. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avionics Source said:

Kevin,

With the imminent release of software 10.2, the Garmin GTX345 can utilize the IFD as a GPS position source, as well as display the TIS-B/FIS-B "In" on the IFD display, and the IFD100 app. From my understanding, the Garmin GDL88 is approved and customers are benefiting from the same display setup as we speak. 

any word if the KT-74 will add the IFD440 to the list of approved WAAS sources?

8 minutes ago, rbridges said:

any word if the KT-74 will add the IFD440 to the list of approved WAAS sources?

I can say it's on Avidyne's road map to add the KT-74, I'm afraid it just won't be any time soon. The real unfortunate part is that the Trig TT31 is an approved transponder with the IFD440...and the KT74 is a rebranded TT31. It's extremely unfortunate. 

Because of this, we offer a special upgrade price to the approved AXP340 transponder with the KT-74 in on trade. PM me if you want more details. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 2:18 PM, Avionics Source said:

I can say it's on Avidyne's road map to add the KT-74, I'm afraid it just won't be any time soon. The real unfortunate part is that the Trig TT31 is an approved transponder with the IFD440...and the KT74 is a rebranded TT31. It's extremely unfortunate. 

Because of this, we offer a special upgrade price to the approved AXP340 transponder with the KT-74 in on trade. PM me if you want more details. 

Test flew today behind a couple of new avadynes today...nice a/p coupling to an unpublished hold...very smooth ,no issues...k

• 2 weeks later...

It will talk to the 74 , and It will work , BUT IF it is not referenced in the STC , it is not legal....  Some might say that they will have it before the 1/1/2020 mandate , BUT , if the approval has to come from King , it will NEVER happen , If it has to come from the Avidyne side who knows......Talk to the installer to be sure ,  The STC to install it for adsb out is not even from King , It is from an FBO called Perrigrine..... 

Edited by Alan Fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Randyott said:

Wait a minute, the ifd is advertised as a plug and play replacement for the garmin 430w ... and the 430w is and approved position source for the kt74..... and your telling me that the ifd I just purchased is not going to alk to my kt-74 ????

I hope it's in the plans over the next few years.  It would be a great option when I replace my 430w.

2 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

It will talk to the 74 , and It will work , BUT IF it is not referenced in the STC , it is not legal....  Some might say that they will have it before the 1/1/2020 mandate , BUT , if the approval has to come from King , it will NEVER happen , If it has to come from the Avidyne side who knows......Talk to the installer to be sure ,  The STC to install it for adsb out is not even from King , It is from an FBO called Perrigrine..... 

Now that is truly sad to hear...

Maybe those of us with a 430W and KT 74 should stop by Avidyne at SNF and/or OSH and get their thoughts? My concept of updating my panel with a 440 did not include replacing my KT 74. And my idea of a "special upgrade price" from the 74 to the AXP 340 is probably not the same as theirs. If I have to replace my KT 74, the Lynx 9000+ comes into consideration.

Hey, if you have to spend money, don't just replace - upgrade.

• Like 1

I see that update 10.2 contains configure for Garmin 345 which needs AdsB+ protocol and is approved with 10.2.Kt-74 with software 3.12 takes same Garmin ads b+ but is not stc yet...so what happens is output ads b+ on rs 232 out port going to kt-74 and field approval based on trig commonality

55 minutes ago, thinwing said:

I see that update 10.2 contains configure for Garmin 345 which needs AdsB+ protocol and is approved with 10.2.Kt-74 with software 3.12 takes same Garmin ads b+ but is not stc yet...so what happens is output ads b+ on rs 232 out port going to kt-74 and field approval based on trig commonality

Good luck with that field approval...

31 minutes ago, Alan Fox said:

Good luck with that field approval...

Yeah..I know all about local sign offs on field approvals...i.e. Fsdo saying we won't sign off on any field approval.This came from a letter from FAA stds office stating field approvals were accepted compliance for ads b installs showing obvious commonality...i.e. Garmin protocol/trig/avadynes/king......avadyne/trig/ Garmin...Bendix king/ trig/ Garmin...etc