Avidyne IFD440/540 Trade-Up Program from Avionics Source (Sponsored)

• 3 weeks later...

Avidyne has all the altitudes for the DP, STAR's, and approaches. It also alerts you if you descend below the min for that leg. It also calculates a top of descent point. 

Heres one thing makes me SMH at the Garmin box. That huge screen on the GTN-750. Only 4 data fields you can configure. So you use two for track and distance to next waypoint. That only leaves two. Even the Aera 500 has Those four plus a big box in the middle of the top that defaults to track.  But th GTN, no. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 1

Hi there...The best answer is play with the simulators...Avadyne IFD at App Store .I have flown both and Garmin and Avadyne take different approach.Garmin is a page oriented pretty much all touch screen input.Avadyne is fms system more similar to what airliners use with dual input Source ,touch and button/rotary dial.Garmins screen is 50% bigger.I think both have built in blue tooth / wifi.As you can see in photo I I didn't have the space for the Garmin pair plus the Avadyne pair slid right in existing Garmin 530/430 trays and set up with very little Drama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's back! Upgrade to the new Avidyne IFD440/540 today and trade-in your old Garmin 430W/530W with Avionics Source. All units ship with newly certified 10.2 software, showcasing over 70+ new features/enhancements/fixes, including the IFD100 iPad app. 

All IFD440/540 units include Wifi/BlueTooth & Forward Looking Terrain Awareness unlocks, a $2600 value. Pricing reflects your 430W/530W trade-in value at purchase.

Upgrade Today: 
IFD440 
$5,450 [check/wire payment]
$5,650 Online: http://bit.ly/2f9ZvQq

IFD540
$6,450 [check/wire payment]
$6,650 Online: http://bit.ly/2eUb11p

Top Features:
10.2 Overview Video: http://bit.ly/2o1L5pr
Synthetic Vision: 3D terrain, 3D Obstacles, 3D traffic.
IFD100 iPad App: A large-format map that wirelessly connects to your panel mounted unit, providing all knob/touch functionality and wireless remote control. 
FLTA: Displays a solid yellow or red impact point based on projected flight path. FLTA also provides visual CAS and aural alerts.
CMAX: Pinch Zoom Approach Charts & Airport Diagrams. (540 only)
GeoFill: Intelligent waypoint additions based on proximity, not database order.
All 10.2 features/enhancements/fixes: http://bit.ly/2mlUVnW

Customer Testimonial:
"The IFD440 is awesome; it offers so much more than my previous 430W. Between tremendously improved resolution, touch screen and knobs, IFD100 iPad app, WiFi and Bluetooth . . . the list of improvements is almost endless. And all at an exceptional price point." -Ken Reed, Beechtalk

*Requires 14/28V 430W/530W trade-ins in good cosmetic condition. A $350 fee will be assessed for any delamination or anti-glare spiderweb. No exceptions. View complete upgrade terms online.

Call or PM for a quote if you have a 28V only GNS unit, or have a non-WAAS 14/28V unit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Where doe one mount this device?

Primary equipment or radio stack only?

It looks incredibly powerful.

Best regards,

-a-

Which equipment are you talking about?  The IFD540/440 goes in the center radio stack and the IFD100 is on your iPad in the mount of your choice?

I must be missing something...

Ooooohhhhhh...

Thanks Paul,

I saw the radio frequencies and the AHRS display, and immediately thought it was an IFD5xx

Now I see the big iPad button.

I just wanted to believe.

Reality strikes!  :(

It does 'look' incredibly powerful.  Just not as powerful as I thought...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

We haven't seen it yet as we're all waiting on Apple to release it to the App Store. But expect a full PIREP once we have it.  We expect it to be like having a second or third IFDxxx in the cockpit, except one with a large screen and that can be passed around.  It's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the 440 to complete the matched set with my 540. Do I really need the 440 if I have the IFD100 as effectively a second system.

We'll see once it's available which could be any day now.

51 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

We haven't seen it yet as we're all waiting on Apple to release it to the App Store. But expect a full PIREP once we have it.  We expect it to be like having a second or third IFDxxx in the cockpit, except one with a large screen and that can be passed around.  It's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the 440 to complete the matched set with my 540. Do I really need the 440 if I have the IFD100 as effectively a second system.

We'll see once it's available which could be any day now.

If you have the 540 already , definetly wait!

The ifd100 will work just as advertied ...

You will love it !

Randy

• Like 1

I took the path of least resistance when I put ADD-B out in my plane. Three years ago there were not many options for 430W owners, so I updated my 330 to ES. That part being done, I did not want to commit to the Garmin solution for "In." I was already using ForeFlight and Stratus. I will need traffic and weather on my iPad, and am wondering how the IFD100 will help me out there, without investing in a totally new ADS-B system. Unless, unless IFD100 will communicate w/Stratus. What the heck: Stratus should communicate with the IFDx40s!!

47 minutes ago, PeytonM said:

I took the path of least resistance when I put ADD-B out in my plane. Three years ago there were not many options for 430W owners, so I updated my 330 to ES. That part being done, I did not want to commit to the Garmin solution for "In." I was already using ForeFlight and Stratus. I will need traffic and weather on my iPad, and am wondering how the IFD100 will help me out there, without investing in a totally new ADS-B system. Unless, unless IFD100 will communicate w/Stratus. What the heck: Stratus should communicate with the IFDx40s!!

The IFD100 only communicates with the IFD 440, 540 or 550.