Mooney Drink Holder - $50

• The newer Ovations have cup holders moulded into the console, but in my 2005 model they're an attached projection waiting to be damaged, and I broke one of mine with an awkward slide across into the left hand seat.  I searched on Ebay where they're around AUD$15.00 (with free postage), and here in Australia I found them at a Marine Store (Whitworths) for about AUD$7.95.
  •  
  • But if you buy them as a spare part.........
  •  
  • Folding Drink Holder
  •  

My wife always wanted an airplane with cupholders but wouldn't release the $500K required to buy one. So I bought one of those in the picture for $9 from Amazon and stuck it on the lower console of my K with velcro.  It works great and she loves it. It stays folded up and out of the way unless she has a drink in it.  I think I got the idea from Amelia on this board.

Hey you guys...............wait a minute!!  Stop spending so much less money on non-Mooney parts!  :P

These are the real things from MOONEY!!  Really, they are!!  Authentic non-Harbor Freight, Amazon, Dollar Store, etc, cup holders!!

You could add them to your equipment list as real Mooney parts.

Come on, you know you need these............... :wacko:

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, Little Dipper said:

The coffee cup holder in my Ovation broke after hitting it with my foot.   Does anyone know where I can purchase another one?  The one I had is exactly like the one pictured above.

Thanks.

Norm

N995K

You need a new foot?!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Little Dipper said:

The coffee cup holder in my Ovation broke after hitting it with my foot.   Does anyone know where I can purchase another one?  The one I had is exactly like the one pictured above.

Thanks.

Norm

N995K

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=FOLDING+CUPHOLDER&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, gsxrpilot said:

My wife always wanted an airplane with cupholders but wouldn't release the $500K required to buy one. So I bought one of those in the picture for $9 from Amazon and stuck it on the lower console of my K with velcro.  It works great and she loves it. It stays folded up and out of the way unless she has a drink in it.  I think I got the idea from Amelia on this board.

Hi Paul, where did you mount yours? I doesn't get kicked off while getting into the pilot seat?