Mooney Fly In, 11/12, Vero Beach, KVRB

fantom

Notice from Dave....please answer him directly at daveanruth@aol.com

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

Our last event was canceled because of Hurricane Mathew.  Hopefully no one went.

Our next event will be this Saturday, November 12, at Vero Beach (VRB).

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes  of various reasons.

Future Schedule

November 12, Vero Beach, (VRB)
December 10, Punta Gorda, (PGD)
January 14, Leesburg (LEE).  Will will be fed EAA Chapter 534. and then those that would like to see Ruth’s Garden RR running will be car pooled to and from our house.

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

QUESTION:  Every once in awhile I get asked to have an event in the Panhandle, but have always refused because I did not know of any airports in the Panhandle with a restaurant we could taxi up to.  This past weekend I was at Panama City Beach for the Mooney Summit ( a very nice, well run event ) and found out there is a restaurant on the airport about 1/2 mile from the FBO.  The FBO would run us to and from the restaurant.  So, please let me know if you would or would not be interested in flying to Panama City Beach for a Mooney Lunch.  If I did it I would pick a month that was unlikely to have afternoon thunderstorms for the return trip.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

• 4 weeks later...

There is a great restaurant right across the street from the FBO in Lake City.  Not on the airport itself, but as close as you can get and I am sure the FBO would run us over there if we asked.  I have been there a number of times for business, and it is a nicely run field.   

6 hours ago, Ftlausa said:

There is a great restaurant right across the street from the FBO in Lake City.  Not on the airport itself, but as close as you can get and I am sure the FBO would run us over there if we asked.  I have been there a number of times for business, and it is a nicely run field.   

I work in Lake City. Are you talking about Hangar 7? Live Oak also has good restaurants in town, about 1 mile from the airport. I could work out a shuttle for there, too.

I would love more panhandle options. I haven't been far down south Florida. 

The name is not Hangar 7, but I cannot recall the name of it.  It is located directly across the road from the FBO.  It is definitely open for breakfast and lunch with a buffet.  The owner is the operator, and is there every time I have been there.  The food is plentiful and good quality.  I could live of the bacon, which is really the best I think I have ever had.