Ford Trimotor @ KSPA

INA201

EAA's Ford Trimotor is currently at KSPA and I'm told will be here for a few days.  Pretty cool to see in person. The pic with the car was on Spartanburg Downtown Airport Facebook page and the second one I snapped last night in the hangar.  Check first to be sure it's still here and come on by for a look.

IMG_3297.PNG

IMG_3293.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, co2bruce said:

Took a ride on her at Oshkosh this year. Well worth the money. If you get a chance don't miss out.

9BD35D71-755D-4A9A-9B98-467DEC1D15DB.JPG

I did the same, and took the ride in the Bell 47.  Both were fun and worth the money.

Clarence

4 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I did the same, and took the ride in the Bell 47.  Both were fun and worth the money.

Clarence

I have logged .3 hr flying the Ford Tri Motor!  A great thrill of a lifetime!  Our local EAA sponsored the Tri Motor, had the largest # of rides & $$$ raised. My buddy Yoda EAA chapter tried to beat our local EAA out in Sacramento but don't think they quite made it.. although he says they may have.... lol

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Looks like a mixture knob may be on the left side next to the portable Garmin... I don't see the other two though...

Best regards,

-a-

http://www.midamericaflightmuseum.org/Ford Trimotor.pdf

The mixture controls are below the mag (ignition) switches, out of the picture. (#28 on page 80 of the pdf, page 86 of the manual).

It is a fixed pitch prop. (Details @ page 91ff. of the pdf = 98ff. of the manual.)

I don't see anything identifying the starter switches/buttons. (Starting instructions on page 30, 31 pdf = 34, 35 assumes you have found them.)

• Like 2