Bob Hoover

Saw him decades ago at Oshkosh flying the Rockwell Yellow P-51.  He looked great a few years ago in his signature straw hat in front of a FW-190 replica talking about his foe...

A legend that now continues to live, like my father that introduced me, in my minds eye.

Rest in Peace Bob.  

Yes, I agree that was "One helluva deflection shot"

• This trick is the most AMAZING airmanship demonstration I have ever seen or even heard of. 
  • Flying with one hand while pouring ice tea with the other while doing a barrel roll in the meanwhile, and clearly at all time he is managing the force vectors so perfectly that the ice tea falls "down" straight into the cup.
Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, carusoam said:

Bob Hoover proved that age has no limitations...

Thank you, Bob! :)

Best regards,

-a-

...Ran into him at a Lakeland night spot, during SunNFun about ten years ago. Most interesting guy, and of course an amazing pilot. Later, noticed him in the parking lot with two youg ladies.

Fighter pilots never change.....:D

RIP, Bob.

• Like 1