G-OBAL refit

Hyett6420

Easyjet flight EZY2157 Sunday 5th March to Amsterdam Booked.  Train to Seppe booked.  Hotel for the night booked.  Flight case, headsets etc packed.  G-OBAL is coming home next week. YAYAYAYAYAYAY

She looks great, hopefully you clear weather (no rain), it would be a shame to get it dirty

Almost there.  The flaps were being adjusted today and the elevators.  Interestingly there were a number of things that had "passed annual" which were actually out of spec. Flaps set at 20 for takeoff not 15, elevator movements not correct range. Gear out of alignment.  Gear doors with big gaps in them at the back when up. All being fixed and tweaked today. 

Tomorrow she goes into the skies for the first time with the head mechanic at the controls (I'm staying firmly on the ground). 

Ive taken some pictures of what your wheel wells should look like from now on.  If you ever need an excuse to go the airport, I am just giving you one. "Darling my wheel wells dont look like the Mooney Spec, they need a clean". :)

More pics tomorrow when she is ready to go flying. 

Someone wanted a photo of the interior baggage door latch so I've taken a photo.  I'll take the cover off tomorrow and take a photo of the whole mechanism. Sorry I cannot remember who it was  who wanted it  IMG_4158.thumb.JPG.c80d6f51943912b0956c24dd2018d048.JPG

IMG_4157.thumb.JPG.2cd31edb1cdc7d24fa50498c4b7385d4.JPG

IMG_4156.thumb.JPG.4cc4e243b870753c0e8fb7d2fc0d2671.JPG

Andrew

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Someone wanted a photo of the interior baggage door latch so I've taken a photo.  I'll take the cover off tomorrow and take a photo of the whole mechanism. Sorry I cannot remember who it was  who wanted it  IMG_4158.thumb.JPG.c80d6f51943912b0956c24dd2018d048.JPG

Andrew

My latch cover is held on with two screws.  How is yours attached?  Velcro?

17 minutes ago, mooniac15u said:

My latch cover is held on with two screws.  How is yours attached?  Velcro?

Yes the cover is held on with Velcro so it can easily be removed and then behind it is the emergency release mechanism.  When she is not on jacks tomorrow with loads of engineers crawling all over her, I'll be able to take better photos for you. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Waiting for this BIG reveal!

Well we were planning this today. We thought

worlds press outside hangar doors

fill plane with theatre smoke or dry ice

slowly open doors to loud music, lights and fanfare, dry ice pours out of the gap and slowly AL is tugged out

a bit much?  

• Like 3

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

Yes the cover is held on with Velcro so it can easily be removed and then behind it is the emergency release mechanism.  When she is not on jacks tomorrow with loads of engineers crawling all over her, I'll be able to take better photos for you. 

I think it was someone else that wanted to see the mechanism.  My cover is cracked and I was going to drill two holes in the replacement to mount it.  It hadn't even occurred to me to use velcro.  I like the way yours looks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Sooooo how big was your smile when you walked into the hanger and saw her for yourself for the first time?????:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets just say it was wider than the hangar doors. :).  I am particularly happy with the interior, that is definitely the dogs bollocks.  The paint scheme is awesome and on a sunny day will glow with all that pearl paint. :)   

16 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Well we were planning this today. We thought

worlds press outside hangar doors

fill plane with theatre smoke or dry ice

slowly open doors to loud music, lights and fanfare, dry ice pours out of the gap and slowly AL is tugged out

a bit much?  

What, no fireworks? What good is a big reveal without pyrotechnics? Here I thought you were excited... 

• Like 1

Full Reveal. 

IMG_4181.thumb.JPG.fe98fce4c8c8ae9fa4e74d1fb5b2939d.JPG

IMG_4182.thumb.JPG.43f2e2a15f2c193cb8a651d33f71d77b.JPG

IMG_4183.thumb.JPG.47478a9a6c9d3e2fceabc895541c2e35.JPG

People have asked asked why I had this done at Aeroskill in Holland and not the UK, here is why. Every nut and bolt that held something on that was removed has been replaced with new ones, new rubber washers etc. Each nut/bolt marked with paint so you can see if it has moved and become loose.  They spent three hours yesterday making sure the gear doors were as tight as they could be so no drag was induced.   The attention to detail is incredible. 

IMG_4185.MOV the doors begin to open and out of the ether into the daylight for the first time in four months

IMG_4186.MOV comes AL

IMG_4189.thumb.JPG.ba167e4913d520544f4b7f963f4885cf.JPG

IMG_4193.thumb.JPG.bd543739ce4cc031bc8a18256ab151b5.JPG

I am one seriously happy man  

xxxxxx to all  flying home tomorrow weather permitting  

• Like 17