So I started chasing ratings now that I have had my 201 for a couple of years now...

On June 22nd I finally earned my Instrument Airplane Rating. I used N86BF.

On August 29th I got my sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate 

On August 31st I earned my Commercial Airplane Single Land. I used N86BF

On September 11th I added MultiEngine Land to my Commercial privileges removing the multi VFR Only restriction. I used a PA44, but I used N86BF to get to KGKY for the Checkride.

On October 16th I added Rotorcraft Gyroplane Commercial to my Commercial privileges. I used a MTO Sport Gyroplane, but I again used N86BF to get me to KSRC for the checkride.

The Mooney 201 has made time building great, and has pulled me through or to the checkrides..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cleatus99 said:

So I started chasing ratings now that I have had my 201 for a couple of years now...

On June 22nd I finally earned my Instrument Airplane Rating. I used N86BF.

On August 29th I got my sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate 

On August 31st I earned my Commercial Airplane Single Land. I used N86BF

On September 11th I added MultiEngine Land to my Commercial privileges removing the multi VFR Only restriction. I used a PA44, but I used N86BF to get to KGKY for the Checkride.

On October 16th I added Rotorcraft Gyroplane Commercial to my Commercial privileges. I used a MTO Sport Gyroplane, but I again used N86BF to get me to KSRC for the checkride.

The Mooney 201 has made time building great, and has pulled me through or to the checkrides..

Wow!  Do you have any time for working?

Clarence

Yup full time job, I just hit it everyday after work several evenings and with nearly 1500 hours I have all the time for the ratings, it was just punching in the part 61 dual requirements and polishing up performance.

Once I get in book and training mode, I don't want to slow down. Makes it easier too...

Of course I am biased, but I think every fixed wing pilot needs to get a lesson in Gyroplanes, it really is a flying dirt bike. Not to mention a great hangar companion for a Mooney owner.

IMG_2287.JPG

Edited by cleatus99
Spelling grammar checks didn't make it readable
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
Yup full time job, I just hit it everyday after work several evenings and with nearly 1500 hours I have all the time for the ratings, it was just punching in the part 61 dual requirements and polishing up performance.
Once I get in book and training mode, I don't want to slow down. Makes it easier too...

Of course I am biased, but I think every fixed wing pilot needs to get a lesson in Gyroplanes, it really is a flying dirt bike. Not to mention a great hangar companion for a Mooney owner.

IMG_2287.thumb.JPG.904247bd7b2908d6c636ed0c17196380.JPG

I figured I'd provide an update..

January 26th I earned my CFI Instrument Airplane with the FAA OPS inspector. Good guy...
February 3rd Repairman - Experimental Aircraft Builder
February 23rd I added CFI-Airplane Single Engine
March 4th. I added CFI Gyroplane
March 23rd Aircraft Dispatcher
April 21st Multiengine CFI

6 ratings
And yesterday I received my MEI and Dispatcher certificates in the mail... seems OKC will process multiple things at the same time when they get to you on the list for the first one.

Wife says to start making money flying, and stop adding ratings.. :)

So ratings collecting will slow for a while..

Well maybe I can get a Gold Seal :)
  • Like 2

Just now, 1964-M20E said:

congrats.  

at least doing many ratings together the written and oral exams should become easier since much of the information is the same.

If you already have a rating in a power category (Rotorcraft) you don't need to take the written to add another power category (SEL).

• Like 1