1964 M20E Elevator Bearing?

Just now, 1964-M20E said:

Yes the bearing is pressed on the hinge but it can easily be pressed out and the new one pressed in.

That's exactly how it works in my aircraft.  The shop here is just trying to determine what they need to order for one of their customers.  Like I said, we were surprised to not find it in the parts manual for the M20E as other manufacturers provide the information in their parts manuals.  If anyone has any info, I would certainly appreciate it.

Being that you are middle man....    On most bearings there are numbers stamped on them somewhere, usually with sealed bearings it will be on the metal side shield, that you can then cross reference that at any ole bearing shop.    Second you can get the micrometer out and measure them and look that up in a chart.  http://www.timken.com/en-us/products/bearings/Documents/7011_Dimension_Catalog.pdf

Hi, I believe the rudder and elevator have identical bearings. 

If so I replaced my rudder bearings last annual. 

Torrington PN3A is the P/N.

Amazon has a Ball bearing supplier that responded well to my questions. $57 shipped...

hope this helps!

-Matt

13 hours ago, M20Doc said:

That what is shown in the parts book.

Clarence

At least on my Lance, Piper assigned part numbers for the bearings used for the flap, rudder, and stabilator control surfaces.  With this part number, I can cross reference a part from most aircraft part suppliers.  Just curious that Mooney didn't do it this way.  Either way, I'll follow up on MB65E's part suggestion and see what we can find out.  Thanks again!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...