Acclaim Air-to-Air Photo Shoot

Joe Zuffoletto

Acclaim Air-to-Air  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite photo?

Last week I hired a professional aerial photographer to take some air-to-air photos of me flying my Acclaim. We launched from Denver at about 4:30pm and headed to the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and Great Sand Dunes national park in southern Colorado. I thought we'd get some cool backdrops down there, and we did, but it was cloudier than we had hoped so shots in the sun were hard to come by. We flew in pretty bumpy air for just over 2.5 hours and I have to tell you, flying formation in the bumps for that long is exhausting. Kudos to the photographer, Mitch Bowers (www.imagewerx.us). I think he did a fantastic job!

Please vote for your favorite, by number.

0020.jpg

0046.jpg

0088.jpg

0093.jpg

0167.jpg

0246.jpg

0319.jpg

0374.jpg

• Like 8

Zw,  that is the BMW design logo.  They designed the paint scheme for the Acclaim.  

Joe, All are very nice.

#2 & #8. You can clearly see Joe enjoying working the machinery. These are the best pilot shots.

#5 is a great machinery shot.  So good somebody is going to say you used some photoshop!  If somebody is going to sell Acclaims, they are going to need that photo.

Mike Fizer quality photos.  Who took the pictures?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Just now, carusoam said:

Zw,  that is the BMW design logo.  They designed the paint scheme for the Acclaim.  

Joe, All are very nice.

#2 & #8. You can clearly see Joe enjoying working the machinery.

#5 is a great machinery shot.  So good somebody is going to say you used some photoshop!

Mike Fizer quality photos.  Who took the pictures?

Best regards,

-a-

Did not know that.... Very nice. 

11 minutes ago, Zwaustin said:

Whats that BMW logo on the front right side? All beautiful shots. Also, is this a 2008 model as registration implies? Guess it was painted to look like new ones?

The first Type S to roll off the line was SN 31-0100 in 2008. Mine is 31-0108, also in 2008. With the advent of the Type S Mooney offered the BMW-designed paint scheme and interior as an option. There were multiple colors available. 31-0100 is just like mine except replace blue with black.

The BMW badges on my plane were glued on by the first owner; they're not approved by Mooney or BMW. Best I can tell he bought them on eBay.

• Like 1

Just now, Joe Zuffoletto said:

The first Type S to roll off the line was SN 31-0100 in 2008. Mine is 31-0108, also in 2008. With the advent of the Type S Mooney offered the BMW-designed paint scheme and interior as an option. There were multiple colors available. 31-0100 is just like mine except replace blue with black.

The BMW badges on my plane were glued on by the first owner; they're not approved by Mooney or BMW. Best I can tell he bought them on eBay.

Sweet. Awesome looking bird. 

15 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Joe, All are very nice.

#2 & #8. You can clearly see Joe enjoying working the machinery. These are the best pilot shots.

#5 is a great machinery shot.  So good somebody is going to say you used some photoshop!  If somebody is going to sell Acclaims, they are going to need that photo.

I agree 100%

-Seth

• Like 1

#4 definitely. And then #8.

Hook up with the Mooney Caravan and you'll get lots of cool photos of your plane for free as a side benefit.

Edit: I'm removing the pic I posted after noticing that it's the primary photo seen with this thread on Tapatalk. That beautiful Acclaim is the star here and needs to be seen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer the odd numbers, #3, #5 & #7. I like that not all of them have you in the typical forward slip, too.

Good looking airplane, and great photos. I didn't realize the shape of the wingtips changed to such an angular profile until I got up close and personal with a couple at the recent Mooney Summit. Mine are smoothly rounded in front and straight all the way back, with less than half of the upsweep that yours have.

My favorite would have to be #3, a normal flight attitude, great background, and both your plane and the mountains behind you are in sharp focus. And it's a great background, not just the typical suburban sprawl or farm fields. Mountains!

#4 for me, it's dynamic with the impression of a slight nose up and the background sets the stage rather than compete. Some of the other shots (like #5) the background is just too intrusive to be a winning entry in a photo competition.

Beautiful bird though, no matter which shot you look at :)

28 minutes ago, Hank said:

I prefer the odd numbers, #3, #5 & #7. I like that not all of them have you in the typical forward slip, too.

Good looking airplane, and great photos. I didn't realize the shape of the wingtips changed to such an angular profile until I got up close and personal with a couple at the recent Mooney Summit. Mine are smoothly rounded in front and straight all the way back, with less than half of the upsweep that yours have.

My favorite would have to be #3, a normal flight attitude, great background, and both your plane and the mountains behind you are in sharp focus. And it's a great background, not just the typical suburban sprawl or farm fields. Mountains!

Yes. The acclaimed has almost mini not quite winglets on it.  Supposedly helps with drag.

-Seth

I really like #5 with the bank angle, the way the light and shadows reflect off the plane, and that it splits the horizon line right down the fuselage between the ground below the plane and sky above.

I like the dunes below #3 but would like it a little better if the plane was banking towards the camera so that you see a little more of the wings.

Edited by Skates97

9 hours ago, carqwik said:

BTW, how much time did you spend washing/waxing your plane before the photo shoot?  It looks like it just rolled out of the factory....

Ha! I have a good friend who has a plane washing/waxing business at Denver Centennial. He indeed washed and waxed the plane before the shoot. I don't know how long it took. :)

16 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

I think #4 is my favorite..too bad you didn't have much sun because it would pop much more. These pics still look great though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I couldn't decide between #'s 4 and 5.  Just depends on what you want more in the background.  I like the angle in those pics.  

17 hours ago, Joe Zuffoletto said:

I bet that raised medallion cost you .5 kts

• Like 1