Alabama (Ga/MS/Tn) lunch 10/22/16

Tony Armour

Here is a dedicated thread for discussion. 

KCMD Cullman Al. has a nice little restaurant over the FBO. 

Some mentioned Gulf Shores, that's a stretch from North Georgia. 

Anything more central ? Maybe right south of Birmingham ?

KRZR, Cleveland Tn. Is having a grand opening for the FBO. Free BBQ but maybe a stretch for lower Alabama.

7 hours ago, PMcClure said:

Looks like i am covered up up with family activities today. Competition in the morning and Homecoming dance in the evening. Hope to catch y'all next time!

Hope everything went well for you. Can you join us a week from today?  ;)  We've been trying to meet for a couple of years now . . . And I need a good excuse to fly, or at least half of one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank said:

Hope everything went well for you. Can you join us a week from today?  ;)  We've been trying to meet for a couple of years now . . . And I need a good excuse to fly, or at least half of one.

Mooney's are soooo fast that he's already seven days ahead :D

As of yesterday the plane is finally home from the avionics shop for good. As soon as you guys figure out where you want to go and if the weather is good I should be in..

So far anyplace that has been mentioned looks good to me. They are all 200-300 miles from me. I'll stay tuned.

-Tom

Not sure who all is coming with me but possible if I have room. 

21 hours ago, neilpilot said:

Our M20C is currently AOG at KTYS, and we're in Memphis. If I can get to Cullman for lunch, is there a chance of someone going NE who can give me a lift to KTYS?

What's the attendance count so far? My post mount compass was broken during the avionics install. I've ordered a new one from Chief, they didn't have the mount in stock, but they are trying to help me and they are having it drop shipped. It should be here by Thursday pending no shipment issues. Just take a few hours to mount.  Not that I need a compass to make it to Cullman :) , but with my luck I would come across a surprise ramp check that would ruin my day..Not so sure they would like or find humor with my old compass just hanging with zip ties to the center post..lol

Hope to see and meet everyone on Saturday if the stars line up..

-Tom