Mooney is 50 years young on October 24

Short story here.  I  purchased Mooney M20F N9516M in 2008.  The plane was in Arkansas waiting for new paint and I'm out living in Seattle.  So I go out to Paine Field in Everett and spot a similar Mooney so I drive up, get out and start looking it over.  Wow, it's N9514M - just 2 digits off.  Then I see a guy drive up in a black Saab 9-3.  I have the same car, same year and same black paint job...probably the same Saab problems too.  He gets out and walks over to his Mooney.  Some coincidence.  We've kept in touch since even though I moved back to Memphis.  He contacted me yesterday to let me know our planes turn 50 this month.  October 10th and October 24th.  Now, who has 9515M?  I've seen 9512M sitting at Don Maxwell's, but not in flying condition. 

Happy 50th birthday 951.M!

• Like 3

SAAB 900 Turbo's myself ... drove two of them ( first an '87 red one, then this black '87) for close to 20 yr.s  I would still own one if parts were available.  The 900 is one VERY unusual automobile!  Even has sodium filled/cooled exhaust valves!  And that A model  is now 57 yr.s old.Hangar W4.jpg