Windshield cleaning....

Also had great success with spay wax. Used turtle wax but any brand should be similar non-harsh but lubricates. The lube keeps the dust and small debris from scratching. I installed new windows and have used a spray wax since day one (about 5 years and 1,000 hours ago.

Also used wax all and have the mop system and that worked great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I was at LP aero factory picking up new parts, I got a bottle of acrylic polish.   Not sure of the formulation but it worked well taking off some misapplied sealant and left the windows great looking.   It was 20 bucks and will probably last a very long time.  

19 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

That's not what the MSDS says.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/f7/f750fd59-7185-46c6-920e-c2937d942380.pdf

Cleaning Acrylic

The best way to clean acrylic is with a specialty cleaning product such as Novus No.1 or Brillianize.  NEVER use window cleaning fluids with ammonia (such as Windex or Formula 409), gasoline, denatured alcohol, carbon tetrachloride, or acetone, which will cause the acrylic to craze with minute cracks.  A mild solution of soap or detergent and water can also be used safely.

Here you go. I think Zep knows a thing or two about cleaners! 

I use it to quickly clean windshield and leading edges after just about every flight. Removes bugs and leaves a brilliant shine.

Plexus is good but Zep is better. I just can't see paying 20$ for 13 oz of "aliphatic petroleum distillates." Essentially kerosene and mineral spirits. That's 10 gallons worth of kerosene!

IMG_2124.PNG

I also use the Aeroshell Flight Jacket system which is excellent. Plexicoat on the windows inside and out every so often. Keeps them shinny new.