MooneySpace Reunion

Tankinbarber

39 minutes ago, Bryan1016 said:

Alabama, Oct 22nd. I'm in middle so will let Hank and Jerry decide where.
I'd suggest Auburn, but there's a game at 5:00 pm. In my younger days I'd have gone for the free food at FBO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Cullman Al. KCMD ? It's been a while for me but I always have liked the restaurant. Nice spectating looking out at the huge skydive operation too. Restaurant is on the second floor. http://www.cullmanregionalairport.org/assets/PDFs/Menu_lite_edited.pdf

Anyone want to start a separate thread for this ?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tony Armour said:

How about Cullman Al. KCMD ? It's been a while for me but I always have liked the restaurant. Nice spectating looking out at the huge skydive operation too. Restaurant is on the second floor. http://www.cullmanregionalairport.org/assets/PDFs/Menu_lite_edited.pdf

image.jpeg

Somehow I missed the Al Lunch suggestion. I will try to make it, but have two family activities that morning. Always a crap shoot when I can get to the airport. Cullman is nice, I also noticed that the Hangar restaurant is open again at Bessemer. Not sure of hours, etc...

I am a definite maybe.  I will have to fly commercial - Cincinnati (that is a little too long for  couple of days...but I might be going to flagstaff and maybe I do a two for one.)  Depends on the timing.

Just flew to KCVG last weekend for the Ark Encounter.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jack Edwards..Lunch at LuLu's? They open at 11 am. Plenty of time for folks to get there by 11.

KCMD would work as well. Just thinking there might still be some activity for anyone who might want to fly in and visit Mooney style and then if you want to venture to the beach areas on their own they could. October 22nd looks good regardless of location.

http://www.lulubuffett.com/gulf-shores/

Just an idea...

Should we start a new thread??

-Tom

21 hours ago, Tony Armour said:

image.jpeg

Is that a Mooney?  Must be the M20WOW

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

I personally was disappointed that some of the guys scheduled for the summit couldnt make it due to over booking, so if we can combine it might help with this.

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the kind words about the Summit. Everyone who wanted to come to the Summit and registered was able to this year, there was no overbooking per se. Don Maxwell called on Thurs to say he couldn't make it because of a Fupas at his shop that he had to spend the weekend rectifying and was truly unhappy about not being able to come, having to work instead. His son Paul even more so. We have tried to avoid conflict with the MAPA homecoming, even moved from spring to fall because of this, but somehow it just doesn't work out in spite of our best efforts to avoid conflict.

Part of what makes us able to provide quality content is that we can offer Rocketman's condo's to the presenters to use. This is a huge carrot as we do not pay our SME's, CFI's, board or other volunteers. 100% of any donations go to the production of the event and to fund our charity, the Bill Gilliland foundation. We can only do this at certain times of the year, the beginning of Oct being one of them. If we move the venue, we lose our ability to have this and other resources that make the event, like Sheltair and Seahaven beach's contributions, which are subordinated to their schedules also, thus the need to negotiate a date well in advance of the event. We will continue with the event in PCB because of our resources here. Phil Corman has emulated our efforts on the west coast once to raise money for the Mooney Flyer, but this year did not hold an event. We realize it is a long trek to make for a lot of pilots on the west coast, still we have those that attend. No one has came from as far as you, however :) 

We are open to combining the events, however the dynamics of a for profit and a not for profit might preclude integrating. Ron and I both feel strongly about keeping it a registration fee free event and powered only by the industry and the generosity of Mooney pilot's, both attending and not. If Mr. Harris and Trey would be up for such discussions, Ron and I are.

• Like 1