MooneySpace Reunion

Tankinbarber

Hello,

I have spoken with Maniac58 and he has stated due to his workload and schedule it would be hard to put a reunion together. He asked me to entertain the idea with all of us Mooniac's, Here is my Idea and I am hoping to get some feedback as to the numbers of people that would be interested.

I am hoping to gather a bunch of interest and create an annual reunion for our members. This will hopefully turn out to be an annual occurrence. I am a Vice President for a Strip Hotel in Las Vegas and would like to offer an extreme discount for rooms at the hotel. I would put together an itinerary for a cocktail reception and a luncheon or dinner for the group as well.

I have the opportunity to add some more fun events to attend like shows or concerts but would be open to any ideas. 

Lastly, it would be a great opportunity to see all of our mooney's together and I am sure we could even host a silent auction or prize structured contest with some sponsors.

Obviously I would be putting this together at no charge and would hope to get some help from fellow members and any relationships we as a community have to assist in the weekends event.

So lets start the conversation off like this.....

1. If this is something you would be interested in please comment yes or no.
  2. along with your yes/no comment include what dates in November or December would be best for you
  3. Lastly, please provide any ideas you would have to add to the fun weekend
  4. Please help in marketing this post to any other members that might miss it
  5. Last but not least include if you are able to assist in helping me arrange the weekeng

I hope this is something we can count on as it would be a great thing for us members to look forward to year over year. Hopefully it will move to a different city each year as well to drive more members in participating as we are all of the country.

message me if you have any questions or concerns!

Sincerely,

Eric "Bugz" Barbaro 

• Like 2

Yes, I think this is a great idea.  

-Since people will probably need to plan for such an event, to include possibly using vacation time, it should probably be a good ways out, time wise.

- It should probably be in a somewhat centralized location to enable the greatest possible number of attendees.

- There should be sufficient other activities to make the trip worthwhile.

My suggestion: July 24-30, 2017 at the Wittman Regional airport (KOSH).

• Like 3

I like the idea also.  Being 2 1/2 hours away makes it much easier for me.   But November and December are very busy holiday months for most of us, and then the possible weather for many.  I would think that spring would be better.

Many are going to Kerrville for the MAPA fly-in in 2 weeks also.

Ron

• Like 1

Mooniac's,

Please keep in mind Vegas is the first location because of the connection I have with the hotel allows me the ability to offer an extremely reduced rate. This year might be hard for the east coasters to bring their airplanes but at the end of the day hopping commercial (as much as us pilots hate) would benefit the club as we will donate the funds through the silent auction to the site and the next trip. The following year would bring a different city and a better opportunity for more people to attend. In order for us to successfully throw the event we would need a decent participation rate. The dates are flexible so November December are not solidified yet.

Edited by Tankinbarber
  • Like 1

Tankinbarber, I think this is a good idea... just make sure you don't run out of pizza like we did at the last Mooneyspace reunion in Oshkosh!

We did organize a small get together during the Oshkosh week. See the following thread:

We had over 30 people show up. We did this at the Mooney Caravan tent and the feedback has been good.

I am planning a flight either to Florida or Vegas between Christmas and New-Year's so if you do this around those dates let me know... there is a good chance you can put me in as tentative.

If you wish, I could put you in touch with Janet who is a lady flying a Mooney from North-Las Vegas airport who might be interested to help with a Vegas event.

Regards,

Yves

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, yvesg said:

Tankinbarber, I think this is a good idea... just make sure you don't run out of pizza like we did at the last Mooneyspace reunion in Oshkosh!

We did organize a small get together during the Oshkosh week. See the following thread:

We had over 30 people show up. We did this at the Mooney Caravan tent and the feedback has been good.

I am planning a flight either to Florida or Vegas between Christmas and New-Year's so if you do this around those dates let me know... there is a good chance you can put me in as tentative.

If you wish, I could put you in touch with Janet who is a lady flying a Mooney from North-Las Vegas airport who might be interested to help with a Vegas event.

Regards,

Yves

That would be great. Could use all the help I can get

Sounds like you want to do the social piece of the Mooney Summit out west in a way. You might touch base with Phil Corman who was doing a "Mooney Roundup" as he might have an interest in doing the legwork for you. Do you have a purpose in mind for the revenues of the silent auction and vendor support or would it be for profit?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Sounds like you want to do the social piece of the Mooney Summit out west in a way. You might touch base with Phil Corman who was doing a "Mooney Roundup" as he might have an interest in doing the legwork for you. Do you have a purpose in mind for the revenues of the silent auction and vendor support or would it be for profit?

Definitely not for profit. The revenue would pay for the trip and the profit would go to mooneyspace.

• Like 1

Great idea..Vegas would be hard to do in the winter and a long ways for us living east of the muddy river. I do see the advantage and perks for you west coast folks.

A few mid-south folks talked about a Gulf Shores weekend. My plane has been down for most of the summer so I was unable to put that in the works. Mooney Homecoming is coming up and I'm sure people have that penciled in.

I do like the idea..always great to see events lined up.

-Tom