Engine Loss Tactics Webinar *Free!*

Hey guys, just a heads up that the EAA asked me to present a webinar on Engine Loss in your GA single. This presentation mirrors my new book, and is free!

I'll be discussing:

Glide ratios and calculations, Emergency procedures and critical procedures, sight pictures, glide estimations, energy management, landing site selection, the gear up/down debate, and more.

You can register at the below link. It's on 26 October. All you have to do is log in and check it out!  https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-education-and-resources/aviation-videos-and-aviation-photos/eaa-webinars

I hope you can attend! Thanks!

Buster

image.jpeg

• Like 5

No F-16s in this presentation, but with over 2000 hrs in them, we're going to get deep into the analysis of sight pictures and glide performances, something we practice and train to aggressively in the fighter world.

Dave, nope, never had a honest engine failure in a real plane, but I've dealt with a few hundred in the simulators. I've also done some test piloting and analysis of glide ratios under different configurations, and included that for GA In my book. We'll touch on that a little during the webinar. Additionally, I've probably logged a few thousand SFOs in the Viper...it's all about procedures and sight pictures.

8 hours ago, Buster1 said:

Hey guys, just a heads up that the EAA asked me to present a webinar on Engine Loss in your GA single.

Your book was mentioned a couple of times this weekend at the Mooney Summit.  We might need to work with Mike Elliott and the Mooney Summit to have you as a presenter next year.

• Like 5

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, kpaul said:

Your book was mentioned a couple of times this weekend at the Mooney Summit.  We might need to work with Mike Elliott and the Mooney Summit to have you as a presenter next year.

Buster,

PM me your contact info. Ill run this up the flagpole for a presentation at next year's Mooney Summit!

Mike Elliott

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Buster1 said:

Yep, the EAA keeps all their webinars on their website. Anyone can view it for months (years?) to come.

Awesome! I'm an EAA member, so I should be able to find it. Thanks for putting it on! I look forward to it.

Hi Nate. I attended the webinar so it was good to hear your talk. I realize in that format for just an hour it's hard to cover all the topics in much detail. I'm hoping you'll be able to make it to the Mooney Summit next year as you mentioned, so we can dive a bit more deeply (pun somewhat intended) into the techniques for training.

Cheers!

Jeff

• Like 1

But one other thing...the moderator said you got 600+ attendees, which is really a big number. I've done a lot of webinars in my career and usually it's good to get about 100 or so. Hope you sold a lot of books!

:)

You could get a feeling for how many people were in the room.  There was a heart button with no explanation next to it. Each time somebody liked a part of the presentation a heart would drift up on the side, and the counter would advance +1.  When Buster said something that the whole room agreed with 500+ heart balloons were released. The counter just kept ticking away...

There was a crescendo of 'thank-you' heart balloons as the presentation came to an end.

If engine out operations give you fear.  Buster sells some pretty good tools to help with that.  There were some explanations of things that I had forgotten since my early training days.  And some guidelines of what and how to practice and how often to practice, that really make sense.

And the online book, is under priced! Even for a CB.  :)

If you are only going to read one book this year, this one could actually save your bacon!

Best regards,

-a-

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, kpaul said:

We have asked Nate to present, I hope he decides to! Nate, do keep Seth or myself updated as we are building the agenda and lining up SME's now. It might mean you have to mingle with a few of the jocks from Tindall and an Ex flight ops director of Red flag....

On 10/2/2016 at 8:37 AM, Buster1 said:

Hey guys, just a heads up that the EAA asked me to present a webinar on Engine Loss in your GA single. This presentation mirrors my new book, and is free!

I'll be discussing:

Glide ratios and calculations, Emergency procedures and critical procedures, sight pictures, glide estimations, energy management, landing site selection, the gear up/down debate, and more.

You can register at the below link. It's on 26 October. All you have to do is log in and check it out!  https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-education-and-resources/aviation-videos-and-aviation-photos/eaa-webinars

I hope you can attend! Thanks!

Buster

image.jpeg

Buster... great brief. Thanks for sharing your experience... now it's time to develop some CAPS and a glide sight picture.