Will Samurai Husky buy an airplane?

Andy95W

Composites don't break a lot. Poorly maintained aircraft break a lot. 

Specifically for the C brand with a chute - they can be extremely reliable and good airplane but they are often bought and operated by people who have more money than experience and training. As a result they are not cared for like they should be. 

• Like 1

Bingo! they have seen more use than a las vegas prostitute. The SR22's which arnt used for training look a lot better.

They have been trying to sell 490CD for about 4 months; When i flew 532PG for my PPL i shed a tear. They need a detailer to go through it and clean it up; I mean it was pretty dirty and i couldn't believe how people treat something as valuable as a plane.

490CD is about 100hrs over OH; They put about 1000hrs on it in the last 6mo; No so sure on 532pg. To top it off the clubs mechanics arent the best either. I think they try hard, but they are just limited in what they can and cant do. Plus there is the constant pressure of keeping the plane on the line and making money.

The best mechanic they had broke away and started his own business one hanger over. I talked with him while he was doing a inspection on of all things a mooeny. Very nice guy, its him and his wife running the place (the wife is also a AP); If i got a plane i would put it with them and not WV.

3 minutes ago, Samurai Husky said:

490CD is about 100hrs over OH; They put about 1000hrs on it in the last 6mo; No so sure on 532pg. To top it off the clubs mechanics arent the best either. I think they try hard, but they are just limited in what they can and cant do. Plus there is the constant pressure of keeping the plane on the line and making money.

Uh, guys, doesn't a plane for rent fall under the "thou shalt" for engine TBO or am I mixing things up in my feeble mind?

21 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Uh, guys, doesn't a plane for rent fall under the "thou shalt" for engine TBO or am I mixing things up in my feeble mind?

Rentals fall under the 100 hour inspection rule (plus annuals every 12 months), but I'm not sure about engine / prop overhauls.

Edited by Hank

I definitely see a Mooney in this fine young man's future.  He has absorbed the best and worst of the what the Mooney community has to offer and still keeps coming back for more in another endless thread. Plus this one needs to be followed by another titled something like "Will Samurai Husky's Mooney pre-buy turn into a complete debacle?"   :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, Yetti said:

Yall should go find SH a plane so he can give some grief back

Definitely need to get SH hooked up with a Mooney.  We cannot afford to lose him to some plastic plane.  

SH: I do think you are destined for a Mooney.  They are the best planes.

7 hours ago, Marcopolo said:

I believe they fall under the "thou shalt" when it comes to TBO, but like others can file for an extension with the local FSDO.

Ron

91 operators do not have to overhaul at TBO. They can and often go way past it depending on the health of the engine. You guys might be thinking of part 135 operators who pretty much have to adhere to all TBOs, SBs, and other manufacturer recommendations on aircraft maintenance.