Good showing at the Summit

rbridges

As a first time attendee,  I would like to thank all the fine folks that put this weekend together and all the fine people that attended or presented.  My daughter and I had a fantastic time, learned a lot and are looking forward to next year...if you'll have us back!

Ron Mander

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hank said:

It had to have been hectic in the tower alone. We left during your scenic ride, Bob, and had no one in front of us as I taxied away from the ramp. I reported ready and was given departure clearance just after an incoming jet was cleared to land on a 3-mile final, so I didn't waste any time.

The only grumbling I heard on frequency was the surprised Tyndall controller. Maybe next year we should warn Tyndall and Cairns that there will be several dozen Mooneys transiting their airspace on Friday and Sunday, long enough in advance to plan an extra person each?

Or at least give the boys over at Eglin enough notice to practice some intercepts...

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Or at least give the boys over at Eglin enough notice to practice some intercepts...

They knew we were coming, they saw us come in on Thurs and Fri. Those guys at Tindal and Carin's just didn't tell the weekend shift :) Let them have their fun, we sure had ours! We could have jammed them up pretty good if we all would have filed to the same intersection at the same time and altitude just to make them figure it out. Maybe next year we will invite one of them to speak and tip us off as to what ticks them off

• Like 7

15 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

They knew we were coming, they saw us come in on Thurs and Fri. Those guys at Tindal and Carin's just didn't tell the weekend shift :) Let them have their fun, we sure had ours! We could have jammed them up pretty good if we all would have filed to the same intersection at the same time and altitude just to make them figure it out. Maybe next year we will invite one of them to speak and tip us off as to what ticks them off

I'll add this to the other thread, but an ATC presentation by ATC from a local region may make a good presentation.

-Seth

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Of course the weather was near CAVU the whole time we were there. I'm sure Ron had no problem doing NC-FL-NC VFR. I penetrated thin layers near KMRN both ways. 

Virginia and north were IFR both ways, but not difficult IFR (deviations on the way down but easy on the way back).

A great weekend and big thank you to the organizers and presenters.

-Seth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seth said:

I'll add this to the other thread, but an ATC presentation by ATC from a local region may make a good presentation.

-Seth

Ill see if I can get "Mars" to hook us up with a Tindall controller for next year. I am sure the team would go for this.

20 hours ago, Marcopolo said:

As a first time attendee,  I would like to thank all the fine folks that put this weekend together and all the fine people that attended or presented.  My daughter and I had a fantastic time, learned a lot and are looking forward to next year...if you'll have us back!

Ron Mander

thanks for coming and bringing your wonderful daughter, Ron. She was a delight!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 10/2/2016 at 5:30 PM, Oldguy said:

But I have to hand it to the Panama City tower/ground guy. All by himself for a while and did a spectacular job. Never heard him get upset with anyone no matter how many of us were trying to catch him. Kudos to the staff there and at SheltAir. 

I just called Michael Parker at the Tower in KECP to warn him we are COMING AGAIN this year!

• Like 3