Good showing at the Summit

rbridges

Once I get the pic's Vishnu is taking, Ill post them up. Absolutely fantastic turnout. 122 people all in, haven't counted the Mooneys but its a ramp full! Yesterday down, today will ROCK! Let me publicly thank a couple who really made the reception happen, and that is David Kayden and Debbie Young (DEB). They got the penthouse so organized the Welcome reception went without a hitch. Thanks again goes to Weep No More and Premier Aircraft sales for sponsoring a first class catered reception.

Yesterday, Dirk Vander Zee, VP of Mooney International, publically announced OASIS AERO as the newest member of the Mooney Service Center family. Paul Beck and Eric Rudingen owners of Oasis Aero did an excellent "owners maintenance clinic" using my Bravo as the Mule, Bill Ladigo of L3 hit the ball out of the park with his great ADS-B presentation, and Avidyne's John Reid shared some insight with technology in the cockpit presentation.

Bruce Jaeger kicked off the event with a fantastic talk about what we as pilots and owners, need to stay vigilent about.

Thanks Everyone, and a special thanks to Sheltair for yesterday.

Today Will ROCK!!!!!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Hank said:

I thought it was funny as we were leaving about 1:15-1:30 today, the controller at Cairns AAF said, "all I need is a few more Mooneys right now." Poor guy . . .

But I have to hand it to the Panama City tower/ground guy. All by himself for a while and did a spectacular job. Never heard him get upset with anyone no matter how many of us were trying to catch him. Kudos to the staff there and at SheltAir. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Jack, the lineman told me 49 planes as I was leaving, 124 total attendees.

Line guy told me 50 Mooneys, but he may have rounded up. 

I was number 6 for take off with two behind me on the way out today. The poor tower controller that was also playing ground controller was not enjoying all the Mooney's along with the two commercial about 3 lear/citation types and the normal GA traffic.  He probably had a pretty good traffic count though.

Mike, Ron, the Mooney Summit team and all the presenters - THANK YOU!  it was a good time with great information. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Line guy told me 50 Mooneys, but he may have rounded up. 

I was number 6 for take off with two behind me on the way out today. The poor tower controller that was also playing ground controller was not enjoying all the Mooney's along with the two commercial about 3 lear/citation types and the normal GA traffic.  He probably had a pretty good traffic count though.

Mike, Ron, the Mooney Summit team and all the presenters - THANK YOU!  it was a good time with great information. 

I'd believe that. The line guys and the rest of the Sheltair are great 

• Like 2

What a fine weekend. The whole thing was just magnificent. Speakers were superb, parties were great, and what fun to see old friends!

Cairns did explain to somebody on the freq this afternoon that he had 60 Mooneys outbound just then. Was he braggin' or complainIn'?

• Like 3

Another great summit. Had a good time and made some new friends. The weather was absolutely perfect. When I checked in with Tindall approach on my way out the controller said "sure, another one, what did we do to deserve all these Mooneys" I think he was having a little fun with it but I heard Mooney after Mooney checking in for a while. Music to my ears.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Amelia said:

What a fine weekend. The whole thing was just magnificent. Speakers were superb, parties were great, and what fun to see old friends!

Cairns did explain to somebody on the freq this afternoon that he had 60 Mooneys outbound just then. Was he braggin' or complainIn'?

I was # 5 in line for take off @ taxiway J. All Mooneys in front of me and more behind me.

• Like 1

Just now, mike_elliott said:

Did you remember to pack your bees this time when you left FL?

No, swarms in October are a liability.

I did take the young photographer from Sharkys for his first airplane ride. 10 minutes along the beach @ 1000' before Nancy and I headed home. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

I did take the young photographer from Sharkys for his first airplane ride. 10 minutes along the beach @ 1000' before Nancy and I headed home. 

It had to have been hectic in the tower alone. We left during your scenic ride, Bob, and had no one in front of us as I taxied away from the ramp. I reported ready and was given departure clearance just after an incoming jet was cleared to land on a 3-mile final, so I didn't waste any time.

The only grumbling I heard on frequency was the surprised Tyndall controller. Maybe next year we should warn Tyndall and Cairns that there will be several dozen Mooneys transiting their airspace on Friday and Sunday, long enough in advance to plan an extra person each?

• Like 3