Request to use your Gallery Photo's

kortopates

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Absolutely not! LOL's! That was one cultural difference that was very noticeable in China. I saw no obesity there. In fact, Chinese woman are even more preoccupied with keeping their slender figures throughout their adult life. When you include that they tend to be run a size smaller on average, one good thing for them is that they won't find our Mooney's useful load or payload quite as limiting as us Americans' probably do average.

Well,what fuddy duddys!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2016 at 6:20 AM, Hyett6420 said:

Paul I'll DM you a pic of mine with me in France.  

Thanks for the offer. A month ago i would jumped all over that. I like being able to offer other countries too. Although I haven't herd back where they are on this right now, I think they are past the immediate need for material. But soon as I know more, and learn that they can use more I'll let you know. Right now they are just going home from what must be Asia's largest annual airshow  - kinda like our Oshkosh. Thanks again, its much appreciated!

The Chinese Mooney brochure is out and attached. About 7 of your photo's were used - sorry they weren't larger photo's. These used include:   N111ZX (APTUS Pilot), N706WC (Whiskey Charlie), N694KT (Rszent), N57CV (jacnolasco) and even last minute addition G-OBAL (Hyett6420), Maggie II (Mooney Girl) and my N252AV. These are all on page 30 of the brochure.

mooney brochure.pdf

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kortopates said:

The Chinese Mooney brochure is out and attached. About 7 of your photo's were used - sorry they weren't larger photo's. These used include:   N111ZX (APTUS Pilot), N706WC (Whiskey Charlie), N694KT (Rszent), N57CV (jacnolasco) and even last minute addition G-OBAL (Hyett6420), Maggie II (Mooney Girl) and my N252AV. These are all on page 30 of the brochure.

mooney brochure.pdf

Paul, it looks like you're going to continue to be involved with the Chinese marketing program?

• Like 2

mooney brochure.pdf

Where can I find one of those accessories on page 16?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

Paul, it looks like you're going to continue to be involved with the Chinese marketing program?

I don't expect too, just informally to help out some from time to time.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Where can I find one of those accessories on page 16? emoji48.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thought exactly!! 

• Like 1

On October 1, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Hank said:

Paul--

Feel free to use this. That's me taking off.

image.jpg

My Chinese wife tells me that the numeral 4 is bad luck in Chinese, the equivalent of death.

Clarence

5 hours ago, M20Doc said:

My Chinese wife tells me that the numeral 4 is bad luck in Chinese, the equivalent of death.

Clarence

Very true, that's because 4 (si) is very close to the word death in Chinese (si) - only the accent or tone on the i is different between them.  

16 minutes ago, kmyfm20s said:

Good thing Hank's not Chinese!

Indeed, if he was, he wouldn't have that N number. It wouldn't exist in China since Tetraphobia is very real in China. Chinese even avoid telephone numbers with 4 and building's skip the 4th floor and 14th etc, like we skip the 13th floor. On the other hand, their lucky number is 8; Chinese phones numbers with 8 are in demand. My Chinese cell number has several 8's!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kortopates said:

Very true, that's because 4 (si) is very close to the word death in Chinese (si) - only the accent or tone on the i is different between them.  

Indeed, if he was, he wouldn't have that N number. It wouldn't exist in China since Tetraphobia is very real in China. Chinese even avoid telephone numbers with 4 and building's skip the 4th floor and 14th etc, like we skip the 13th floor. On the other hand, their lucky number is 8; Chinese phones numbers with 8 are in demand. My Chinese cell number has several 8's!

In Japanese, four is shi, also close to "death," just one foreigner mispronunciation away So most people use yon for four instead . . . Removes all of the unlucky from it. Yon yon yon is not so bad. I've never heard of tetraphobia, fear of 4?

4 hours ago, kortopates said:

Exactly, see Tetraphobia as you point out it exist in Japan and throughout much of eastern Asia but its probably strongest in China.

In Japanese, seven is shichi, but for the same reason (sounds like shi, death), people often use nana. Nothing quite like having a second preferred word for two cardinal numbers! The difference between shi "four" and "shi" death is vague to us foreigners, mostly a matter of inflection and emphasis. 

I've lived in Japan for a total of three years, worked for a family-owned Japanese company in Georgia for five years with a series of bosses who didn't speak English. My total Chinese experience is limited to a couple of classmates in college and a four-day junket from Japan to Hong Kong (while it was still nominally British).