Request to use your Gallery Photo's

kortopates

This is a very unusual request, but one I hope many of you will be pleased to participate in.

As some of you are aware I've been flying for Mooney in China the past several months and thus working with the China based Mooney team. They have some folks there that are working to promote the Mooney brand in China. One of the things they will be doing is developing some marketing literature and they would like to feature pictures of members of the proud Mooney family with their Mooney's - in other words you all! Because Mooneyspace already has the perfect medium to get such material, I encouraged them to go through the online Gallery's and pick examples of what they would like to use. Thanks to Mooneyspace this is much easier than asking people to submit pictures through the MAPA List or Aviating.com list. Also you may or may not be surprised to know they are just as interested in all M20 Mooney's from Vintage to Modern even though only new Mooney's will be sold in China. For one thing it shows off the rich heritage of the Mooney brand as well how well 50+ year old Mooneys are still flying today.   

They have made a first pass of whats already loaded up on Mooneyspace and picked about 10 pictures for starters. So I will PM each of the posters of the images that were initially selected and ask you for your permission to use them. Then I will pass back your response to them. If the submitter was different from the person in the picture I anticipate I may need help in realizing that and contacting the person in the picture - we'll see how you respond. Realize I did not take part in the initial selection.     

Anyway, I wanted to post this publicly so that my PM's doesn't surprise anyone.

Thanks  

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 3

Thanks Hank!

I was inspired by Jack's photo.  I took a few similar shots one day, recently.  The Freedom Tower, The Statue of Liberty, and a nice piece of engineering - The Verazano Bridge.  All taken from inside an Ovation using an iPhone.  The freedom of flight is So inspiring. The fourth photo is an engineering school. Not as cool as the War Eagles. They are the Steven's Inst. of Tech - Ducks!

1) Stevens Institute of Technology.

IMG_0033.JPG

2) Downtown NYC.

IMG_0031.JPG

3) VZ Bridge

IMG_0032.JPG

4) The Lady

IMG_0030.JPG

Be inspired.

Be an engineer.

Be a Mooney pilot! :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Thanks Hank!

I was inspired by Jack's photo.  I took a few similar shots one day, recently.  The Freedom Tower, The Statue of Liberty, and a nice piece of engineering - The Verazano Bridge.  All taken from inside an Ovation using an iPhone.  The freedom of flight is So inspiring. The fourth photo is an engineering school. Not as cool as the War Eagles. They are the Steven's Inst. of Tech - Ducks!
1) Stevens Institute of Technology.
IMG_0033.JPG
2) Downtown NYC.
IMG_0031.JPG
3) VZ Bridge
IMG_0032.JPG
4) The Lady
IMG_0030.JPG
Be inspired.
Be an engineer.
Be a Mooney pilot! 
Best regards,
-a-

Obviously you weren't in the AF.

619d728de254ead25b25fe67df2d2dbb.jpg
3f667969f5f12391852114477a6765ea.jpg
26ee80688ab3b50dd53bbffdd0cbec8d.jpg
ff38a99ed9a4c52d263fbadae15b12ce.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Man, those photos look better than I remember!

I enjoyed the AFROTC program at Stevens.  The AF wanted me...        (for the missile command!)

Anyone on MS have missile command experience?

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks to marauder for the orientation!

Cool pictures, Anthony. Officially we are the Tigers, complete with a student in a tiger outfit on the sidelines. But our mascot has been a Golden Eagle for the last century or so . . . When I was a student, War Eagle VI's name was "Tiger." She was buried on campus in 2014, just after I moved back.

20160917_182408.jpg

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

Hank,

I watched the Auburn game on TV this past weekend.  I had to get a lesson on where the game's final 1 second went...

Lesson for the LSU fans... If the game requires one more play to win...  Don't take 2 seconds to hike the ball!

The winning touchdown didn't count.  Good thing it was a home game...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Paul,

Do the local Mooney people have a feeling for the emotional connection between the Mooney pilot and their Mooney plane?

Often,

- a Mooney gets a name when it joins the family.

- it's outer clothing color may be selected by one's school colors.  There is a Mooney around here in vibrant LSU colors.

- Each Mooney has a mission, the thing it does all the time.  Our O keeps our family together... We have spread hundreds of miles apart over the years.

I think they call this...  Passion

Best regards,

-a-

On September 30, 2016 at 0:17 AM, kortopates said:

This is a very unusual request, but one I hope many of you will be pleased to participate in.

As some of you are aware I've been flying for Mooney in China the past several months and thus working with the China based Mooney team. They have some folks there that are working to promote the Mooney brand in China. One of the things they will be doing is developing some marketing literature and they would like to feature pictures of members of the proud Mooney family with their Mooney's - in other words you all! Because Mooneyspace already has the perfect medium to get such material, I encouraged them to go through the online Gallery's and pick examples of what they would like to use. Thanks to Mooneyspace this is much easier than asking people to submit pictures through the MAPA List or Aviating.com list. Also you may or may not be surprised to know they are just as interested in all M20 Mooney's from Vintage to Modern even though only new Mooney's will be sold in China. For one thing it shows off the rich heritage of the Mooney brand as well how well 50+ year old Mooneys are still flying today.   

They have made a first pass of whats already loaded up on Mooneyspace and picked about 10 pictures for starters. So I will PM each of the posters of the images that were initially selected and ask you for your permission to use them. Then I will pass back your response to them. If the submitter was different from the person in the picture I anticipate I may need help in realizing that and contacting the person in the picture - we'll see how you respond. Realize I did not take part in the initial selection.     

Anyway, I wanted to post this publicly so that my PM's doesn't surprise anyone.

Thanks  

What? They want pictures of cracked and corroded aluminum, airframes in pieces all over the hangar, broken parts and panels with wires hanging out all over the place?? Seems odd... but OK. 

Wait... do other people post pictures of assembled planes just sitting on the ramp?? Strange, I never thought of doing that.  ;):P

• Like 1

Cool pictures, Anthony. Officially we are the Tigers, complete with a student in a tiger outfit on the sidelines. But our mascot has been a Golden Eagle for the last century or so . . . When I was a student, War Eagle VI's name was "Tiger." She was buried on campus in 2014, just after I moved back.
20160917_182408.jpg

7bd089d0f855fade88b75582f57b8de1.jpg

What it's all about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Paul,

Do the local Mooney people have a feeling for the emotional connection between the Mooney pilot and their Mooney plane?

Often,

- a Mooney gets a name when it joins the family.

- it's outer clothing color may be selected by one's school colors.  There is a Mooney around here in vibrant LSU colors.

- Each Mooney has a mission, the thing it does all the time.  Our O keeps our family together... We have spread hundreds of miles apart over the years.

I think they call this...  Passion

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony,

I believe they do from a second hand perspective. A couple of them went to Oshkosh the year Mooney returned as well. They have also translated Al Mooney's Story book into Chinese. In fact it looks like its back in print in Chinese there :)

They are very aware of the Mooney culture and passion from the many stories they hear. They have named their first Chinese Mooney too - "Zhenghou #1"

Paul

1 minute ago, carusoam said:

Paul,

Any chance I can get a copy of Al's story in Chinese? (As usual, Let me know the price)

Half my family is spread from mainland China to Hong Kong through San Fran and NYC.  I would love to share that book!

Best regards,

-a-

If you visit the facility their or If you had asked me before I left China I could have brought one out. But its very expensive to ship things between US and China. Best chance would be when a few of them are coming over here to bring one. I sent a small package USPS International Priority with 2 week service which was $67. The 3 week service is $57 which is the cheapest service I know of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thinwing said:

I wonder if the Chinese Mooney team would appreciate a pic of one Marauders dainty ladies sitting on a wing (probably with flat tires)showing the incredible strength of the Mooney wing!:blink:

Absolutely not! LOL's! That was one cultural difference that was very noticeable in China. I saw no obesity there. In fact, Chinese woman are even more preoccupied with keeping their slender figures throughout their adult life. When you include that they tend to be run a size smaller on average, one good thing for them is that they won't find our Mooney's useful load or payload quite as limiting as us Americans' probably do average.

• Like 1