Fold down rear seats, 337 or Service Letter to install set from J

A number of years ago I purchased front and rear seats with good upholstery  from a later J at a salvage yard.  The front seats went right into my 65E with a log entry.  I retrieved every bracket and bit of the fold down rear seats from the J and have its serial number and a parts blow up.  Has anyone else done this?  If so I would like to see a copy of the associated 337, if that was needed.  Also, a report on any problems.  I have made a trial fit and see no obvious problems.  I am starting to weigh stuff to determine effect on weight and balance.  These are the rear seats where the back upholstery assembly slips right off a frame and leads to a perfectly flat floor behind the pilot seats.  The backs are adjustable in angle and I have all that hardware.  Since the base cushions and seat backs can stay home, I am thinking that I need two weight and balance sheets.  The upholstery on my old seats is worn out and this seems like a good and useful way to refresh the rear upholstery to match the front.

It will be up to your IA to determine if it is a minor or major mod, and thus the amount of documentation required. Since you're transplanting into a non-J model, I could see requiring a 337, but on the other hand, since they're all Mooney factory parts and the installation/interface is identical, it could easily be argued that no further approvals are needed since they were certified in the J and thus a logbook entry is sufficient.

I do agree that developing two W&B documents for each config is the proper way to go after you sort out major/minor. Or at least note the weight and station for the rear seats so they can be added or subtracted as appropriate.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk